Chapter forty- one

Almost graduation.

 I should be excited but the thought of moving and everything keeps me stressed. Today, the weather got even hotter, summer is really coming. Lexica, Emily, and I went to get ice cream at the mall- well they did exactly- I'm too stressed.

 "Come on Molly, Gayheart's over." Emily says, getting ice cream all over her face. I giggle a little.

 "Yeah, but I just don't have much of an appetite." I look around the food court. Every single store around it has signs up either saying 'Summer sale!' or 'End of School year sale!' or 'Beach sale!' Maybe for once they could have a 'Dead body cover up sale!' That would actually be helpful.

 "Okay, graduation is in two days, we actually need to find clothes instead of shoes this time." Emily smiles.

 "Yeah except I have to find shoes too." Lexica winks at us, we all know that she's the only one who could survive on heels. Emily and I would fall and break out legs, and maybe even our heads! We can't survive that, right?

 ____________________________________________________________

 "Lexica Lopez." Emily and I watch as she gracefully- on her stupid 5 inch heels- walks up to accept her diploma. I am no longer going to be in this school soon.

 "I'm so nervous." Emily squeals.

 "You're a Rodriguez." I roll my eyes. "You're gonna be in the end." Speaking of last names, after L, it's M. "I'll be going next, you're gonna be last in all three of us to graduate." I smirk at her.  Lexica runs- next to impossible on heels- excitedly back to our seats.

 "I'm graduated. I'm no longer a high- schooler, losers!" She giggles. "Truthfully, you guys-"

 "Molly McAllister."

 "Goodbye Emily, I'm joining the no longer highschoolers," Emily scowls, and I make my way pass the seats full of kids.

 I know that somewhere my parents are taking pictures- must make sure to smile. I return to my table, waving my diploma in Emily's face.

 "Ha! Look at this!" I smirk. "Now, you're the only high- schooler." A few minutes later, it was pouring rain, and consequently Emily had to graduate inside, and in a completely soaked dress.

 ____________________________________________________________

 When I finally got home, I was greeted by a living room of moving boxes. Eleanor ran over to me frantically.

 "You are not moving, are you?"

 "I don't want to." And I really don't. When I first came here, I wanted more than anything to leave; now I want more than anything to stay. With Eleanor.

 "Can you stop them somehow? Please?"

 "Do you remember what I said about the houses? They're going to be taken down. I don't think I can convince them to stop that. The Vera woman already thinks that Mom is annoying."

 "Hi Molly, are you feeling any better now?" I turn around, and it's my brother, who only cares about how I'm doing after Gayheart. "You're physically looking better,"

 "Thanks." I mutter.

 Suddenly, Kimberly emerges from a stack of moving boxes marked: Kitchen, like a wicked witch giggling.

 "Hey Molly, excited aren't you? You're finally gonna leave this creepy thing."

 "Um... not really. I don't mind this house."

 "I thought so, considering the fact that you won't mind living in a cemetery, as long as you've got all those apparition friends with you."

 "What!?" I gap.

 "Just joking, jeez, don't take it that hard." Kimberly crackles with laughter, and I sigh in relief.

 "Wait, what are you doing in my house?" I finally get to ask that so original question.

 "I don't want to be here, but your brother decided to come and help with moving."

 "Yeah, you're right. Cole should come here on his own for once." I roll my eyes, but suddenly widen them when I hear my mother's voice.

 "Check all rooms for belongings; we need to make sure that this house is completely empty, by the time they come to take it down." Then, I watch as she walks right down the hall to the room with the bodies. Eleanor gasps, and then stops moving completely.

 "Wait! Mom!" I cry. "I checked that room! It's empty!" I pray in my heart that she'll just listen to that and leave.

 "Okay." Luckily, she's really busy.

 "Molly, if they take this house down, they're going to find out eventually."

 "I know but-"

 "Didn't you not want your little sister to find out about this, and feel haunted?"

 "I know but there's nothing that I can do. I'm only eighteen."

This whole moving thing is getting over stressful, Eleanor and Shane are both counting on me, and blaming me for not trying to stop this from happening. What can I really do? I care about this very much too.