Chapter thirty

"I couldn't believe that it was actually that easy." I say. For the last two days, I will spend in Seattle; I decided to actually enjoy it. First, by going to Ashton's "job". All he really does is use his "ability" at the mall. Alicia and Eleanor stayed at the hotel.

"I told you it was going to be." He says.

"Too bad I can't work here with you; I almost forgot that I live in NYC, after all." 

"I know." He sighs. "So? What can you do? You never told me."

"Uh..." I pause, staring at the shoppers, walking pass. "I don't know if I trust you." I admit.

"Well, do you feel like you're weird or anything? With your ability and secrets?" Ashton asks, I think about Hottie.

"Yes. It sometimes ruins me."

"Well, if I'm just as weird as you are, why don't you talk to me about it?"

"Maybe- fine." I will not talk about The Abramsons and Eleanor, just my ability. "I can see them. Apparitions, I mean."

"Wow, really!? That's so different form my ability!" Ashton cried his eyes wide.

"Do you think it's weird?"

"No, not at all."

"Your ability's more useful." I shrug.

"No, yours is better."

"Let's switch." I laugh; it was kind of a nervous laugh, because I cannot believe I just told someone about my ability, other than Eleanor, or even Shane.

"How do they look like?" He looks very surprised and very eager.

"Faded humans." I grin.

"Can you like communicate with the dead? What happens after you die?"

"You choose stuff. And yes, I can communicate with them. I have apparition friends actually."

"Who? That's like so cool."

"I don't really want to tell you that much." I say rolling my eyes.

"Okay then. Let's change the topic, if you don't want to talk about them, right now. How long is Gayheart charged for, Molly?"

"I don't know, but it's all taken care of. When I called my mom and told her the news, she was nearly freaking out." A customer comes and I am forced to stop talking. The customer woman, turned out to be trying to find out why her daughter killed herself. I edge away from the conversation, as the woman starts having tears roll down her cheeks.

"She committed suicide, a month ago. I cannot bare the lost, and my husband took off, he didn't want to see me, because I apparently reminded... him... of... Rebecca." I step back, as Ashton tries to calm her down. I cannot imagine having to deal with something like that.

"Hey Molly." Ashton whispers to me. "Maybe you can help. Try looking for Rebecca's spirit?"

"But that's nearly impossible, what if Rebecca like went on?"

"What? Oh." Ashton sighs.

"How did it happen?" I find myself asking.

"She said she was going to a party with her friends, she never came home. My husband and I looked for her everywhere; she didn't pick up when we called her. Days later...We found her body, on our front yard." The woman bursts into tears. I gasp. "How could she? I gave her whatever she wanted! She never told me that she was depressed!"

"No. She didn't. She didn't kill herself." I say, softly.

"What!? You- You mean she was murdered."