Chapter seventeen

Two months later-

After that day, back in September, I decided to leave the house and the cemetery alone, fine I've attempted, at least.

Alicia got better in the beginning October, she could remember most stuff, but she has a lot of trouble in school, her brain only goes up to 8th grade Algebra 1, she forgot most of the books she reads, she remembers people but she doesn't remember some of her belongings, like the other day when I asked her if she wanted to wear the matching shirt with have with me. We've wore that's shirt a jillion times, at least, and she had no memory of it. She has to take counseling, and there's been so much things going on with her, and I feel like I just can't help her.

She keeps on forgetting that she's in 10th grade instead of 9th, I haven't had much time to spend with her, ever since she had to go see this doctor, that doctor, Mom is overprotective, the police come once in a while. I just want a private life with my sister like always. That makes me hate the Rohypnol guy even more. Eleanor and I have been working up a plan in ho to tell the police, that I know where the Rohypnol guy lives in. I wonder why she helps me so much, I never did anything for her..... I haven't seen Cole in person ever since he got married.  I know that he and Kimberly moved to California, so maybe I won’t see him for a long time, it's a four hour plane ride from New York to California, and we live so near Jersey City.

Gradually in school people dropped the rumor about me, everyone except Rosalyn. I'm not sure what she wants, exactly.

___________________________________________________________

"Are you sure it's going to work?" I ask, heart humping.

"It's just got to, Molly, come on." In the reflection I watch her wink at me.

"Oh, I really wish I could do something for you."

"Molly, you moving in makes me feel so much better! I was so lonely! You told me where Amanda and Natalie are buried. And you make me feel useful too!"

"I know, but I can't help you find your family, didn't you tell me finding them is your mission now? And William?"

 "Yes.." She sighs, then widens her eyes. "Molly, how did you know that his name is William?"

"Uh well..." I stammer. "Wait, cause I pay attention." I give her my best Shane- smirk, we've been making fun of him so much, recently. Eleanor laughs.

"No seriously."

"Well, let's try our plan." I place the mirror on my desk and run, the white light follows me. Mom is still talking to the police at the front door.

"Bla bla bla this case of Alicia McAllister and how she's drugged..." I walk over, slowly. "We do not have a clue who he is, her sister has given us physical descriptions, but we do not have a suspect-"

"Um, hi." I say.

"Sorry sweetie, we're very busy." Mom says, silently telling me to go away, already not a good start.

"Actually I had something to say." I start to twirl my hair, nervously. "Like, you see? The... the Rohypnol guy-" The female officer stares at me, interested. "He lives in Seattle.."

"Molly, you're doing great." Eleanor whispers in my ear. I know I'm not.

"How do you know, Miss. McAllister?' The female officer asks, Mom looks startled and nervous.

"I- I don't know why he was in New York, but he lives there, um, well, I kinda had a dream, and sometimes my dreams are psychic." I couldn't believe how stupid I sound, already. I rehearsed my lines for so long and I'm totally bombing it. "Like, one time I dreamed of moving trucks and uh boxes, and we decided to move here, the very next day." I lie. This one was hard to lie through. "In second grade I had a nightmare about getting beat up and getting a really bad black eye, and I got beat up and a black eye at school the next day." At least this is the truth. That day in second grade, I still remember the boy who punched me to the ground and attacked me, he was a 5th grader. I stop talking, expecting them to say that they have no more time for nonsense, but the female officer smiles, interested.