Chapter thirty- seven

I open my eyes, I'm sweating terribly. I feel lightheaded, but I can still make out my location. This is a hospital. I am alone. It took me a while, but I suddenly remember what happened.

 ________________________________________________________________

 I was lying unmovingly on the ground, when he shot me. I remember screaming five minutes later. I had begun to go blind; everything was fading out of view. It wasn't because of the night; it was something more than seeing in the dark. I screamed louder, and that's when I saw Gayheart run away, he wasn't fast after I shot him, but he was trying to run away. Through my blurring up vision, I watched the structure of a door open, as he ran out, he didn't close the door, and I started to feel hot.  

 That's when I heard screams, louder and louder, and I understand why Gayheart ran away, wounded. The voices were familiar, and I could see the flashing blue and red lights, outside in the night. Police cars.

 Two figures ran towards me. A girl and a guy. The girl was screaming. I recognize the screams immediately.

 Alicia.

 I remember it when she stopped at the fading doorway and collapsed.

 "Molly's dead! We're too late! Look at the blood! The blood! He killed her! It's all my fault!" The guy ran past her and over to me. He got close to my eyes, and I could see who he is.

 Ashton.

 I want to tell them I am not dead. He looks so aghast. He doesn't move or speak, he just stares at me.

 "What are we going to do?! I shouldn't have taken so long to climb out of that window!" Alicia's voice ringed loudly in my ears. "Ashton, is she breathing!?"

 My vision slowly faded to nothing but black, I couldn't see him anymore.

 ________________________________________________________________

 I think about what happened, and sigh. That's when the door opens, and my eyes widen. A nurse comes in, and sees me, she gasps.

 "She's awake!" Then, two more nurse run in, startling me.

 "She woke up? That fast? Wow." The nurse with red hair says. One of them exits an calls out into the hallway.

 "Mrs. McAllister, you can come in now." Those words startle me because I'm not sure if I want to see her yet.

 "Wait." I say, but my voice is too scarred and quiet. And my mother walks in, her hair is tied up into a pony tail, her clothes look familiar, she is still the mom I knew back when she disappeared into the elevator, and Alicia and I went on the plane to Seattle, for trial, which feels like forever ago.

 I stare blankly at he, and she does the same, I expected her to really be eager to see me, and the eagar expression is on her face, but she's also looking confused.

 "Who is this?" Three words that break my voice. I am obviously not the daughter that she knew. "Where's Molly?"

 "This is Molly." One of the nurses says, and they all step out, leaving us alone.

 "Oh my god." My mother says, startled. "What did he do to you?" She tears up. "I shouldn't have ever let this happen. This is all my fault. Because of money, I decided not to go to Seattle with you. It wouldn't have happened. It shouldn't have happened, Molly."

 "Stop blaming yourself." I say, "I'm tired of my family blaming themselves for something that Gayheart did."

 "They found him." She tells me, and dries her eyes with the back of her hand.