Chapter fifteen

I sat there on my bed the entire night staring into space Shane came to visit me four times, Eleanor came seven times, they never come together, thought, bad timing, I guess. Eleanor tells me that if Hottie, no I'm no longer calling him that. She said that if Andrew doesn't accept who I am, he's not a good person, I just rolled my eyes. Shane kept on telling me about how much of a 'dumbass' Andrew is, he said that the flashes Andrew saw were just Shane trying to scare him. I ignored that. On Shane's last visit, he said that if Andrew could control my mood like this, then I'm a big loser, and unfortunately he's right. Then, he added "Forget about the dumbass dude, Molly, I'm a way better person."

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. At about 6:00 both of them came together, finally. I had my eyes closed, and I was trying to let everything calm down.

"Molly, remember, we're dead, but we're always there for you." Eleanor says.

"Thanks.... you are not the guy next to you." I glare at the doorway, where the voices are coming from

"Oh really? I'm not even standing next to her." I open my mouth to argue with him, but suddenly my phone starts to vibrate.

Lexica: Hey Girl! My phone's finally done charging! How'd it go, please please please, give me the details!

Me: Lexie, he hates me.

 Lexica: ????

My phone continues to vibrate but I continue to ignore it.

______________________________________________________

I couldn't believe it could happen so fast. I got to school and everyone whispered when they saw me, from what I could make out, there's a rumor about me and my house! Nobody in this school has ever been to my house other than my friends and.... him.

Em and Lexie will never spread a rumor about my house being mysterious, old, and weird, must be him. I can't believe I ever trusted him.

My heart feels heavy as I get to my locker, while spinning my combination, I can see Ciara Landon and Jennesa Lyleson whispering and staring at me, I glare at them, they immediately run away. Other people around my locker stare. I yank my pony tail off, and use my hair to cover my face.

"Molly!" I don't respond when both of my friends run over, worried.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was going to be like that." Emily says.

"You heard?"

"He dumped you right? And I heard that-"

"No, none of that was true, we were never dating, and all that happened is that my house ruined my life." I mutter. Lexica sighs. She opens her mouth to talk, but suddenly her eyes widen. Emily gasps.

"Here, Molly, let's go." She tries to block my view, of course I decide to look.

Andrew already has another- well fine, we were never really together, but he's holding Rosalyn Thatcher's hand. I met Rosalyn in third grade, she's has swirly reddish blonde hair, a pretty face, designer clothes, and an attitude. She's snobby, and she seems to think that everything is gross, everything except for herself and her tight group of friends. She sees me and smirks, readjusting her leather purse. I roll my eyes.

"Molly..." I shove Lexica a little to cut her off.

"Andrew and Rosalyn are perfect together." I say. "They both pretty much has nothing but an attitude,"

 ______________________________________________________

My entire day was bad enough, but the worse time of the day was when I was walking to my car, passing the busses. When I passed this one bus, the kids poked their heads out and started screaming at me.

"Hey! Molly McAllister! I heard that your house is haunted!"

"You're gross!"

"I wouldn't like to live there!"

"What kind of person are you? Poor?"

I walk a little faster, just as this one kid with oversized eyes shouts six words that make me stand there frozen, like I'm nailed to the ground.

"I heard that you're lesbian!"

Okay, all I did was invite a simple friend to my not- so- awesome house, what makes me.... was it really that big of a mistake?

"Molly." Emily sighs, beside me. "They... I should've told you, someone started saying that Andrew 'dumped' you because you confessed to be lesbian when he came to your house."

"But I'm not, and it never happened."

"Lexie was trying to tell you this morning, but you didn't let her." She says, as we climb into my car.

"I didn't know it wasn't just the house." I sigh.

"Hey don't worry, next year, you won't have to see half of the students at this school, it's going to be a coincidence to see someone here especially if you're going far away-"

There's suddenly a tap on my window. I look over. it's Rosalyn. I don't roll down my window, and pretend that I don't even see her.

"Hey Molly!" She shouts loudly, "Looks like I've won over you." She waves her manicured fingers 'goodbye' and runs off.

 ______________________________________________________

"Sorry that I couldn't come yesterday." I say to Alicia, I'm starting to worry about her coming to school with everyone teasing her about all that stuff because of me.

"Where did you go?"

"Nowhere, it was just a... mistake."

"I don't get it." Alicia doesn't seem as talkative today, and I'm afraid she's mad at me, or she can't talk as well, because I made her spend a lonely day, yesterday. I worry about everything.

I'm trying not to make my life all that bad, I hate sad movies, and- this is going to sound weird- but according to Eleanor, a real dead person, I have to watch my life from beginning to end. it's like being in your life, and then stepping aside to watch it. I'm also worried about the whole choosing thing. Because what if I get ran over by a car tomorrow, I'll have to make my choice quick and I want to make sure it's good. If I choose to go on, I'm not sure where I'd end up, I don't want to go... down.

"Hey Alicia, would you pick to stay or go on?" I ask.

"What do you mean? Go where? Home? Of course I'd like to go home than stay in this hospital."

"Well, let's say you either stay on this Earth but nobody sees you, well other than other apparitions and you can still talk, or you get to go on to another place."

"I'll go wherever you're going." She says. "If we have to choose, maybe we can choose together." I really hope that we do, and that may happen if we die together. Eleanor died with the Abramsons, I wonder if they all got to choose, together.

 ______________________________________________________

I read another entry of Eleanor's diary when I got home.

April 25, 1814

Today William and I went shopping together. the Abramsons went on vacation, it's much better with just us. I carried all the bags on the way home, and my arms were getting rally tired. Just as William suddenly screamed.

"It's Mommy! Eleanor! it's Mommy!" He tugged hard on my arm. My heart stopped at that point. I threw down the bags to regain my balance, William continued to jab his finger at that certain direction. I slowly looked over, and there she was.

It was the back of her head, and she was leaving, while carrying a baby. I didn't know whether to feel god or bad, because I'm so lost. When? With who? Where is Dad? And if she can just forget us...

I soon found myself running over, my little brother ran after me, he continuously told me to slow down, but I couldn't. I finally caught up to the woman and opened my mouth to talk to her, just to see that she was a woman so much like my mother, but she's not. All the feelings in me died down right there, and I felt tears, so close was I to a good life, again.

I really want to see her again.

- Eleanor McAllister