Chapter forty- two

I am going to bury these bodies. I think, and take another step closer. One is apparently not enough; there are four bodies here to bury. My head is spinning, I'm shaking with fear. I had waited impatiently for midnight. Where everyone would be asleep, and I could bury them, but right now, I'm too scared to go near any of them, even Eleanor.

 I slowly turn to her sickening beat up body with that hole in her chest. I step closer; I see the dried up blood, and back away, shrieking in my mind. I turn and look at the Abramsons.

 I scream. Shane's in a completely different corner of the room. I quickly stop my screaming short, hoping that nobody heard me.

 "Come on." Shane the apparition hisses, if his body talked- I'd probably be joining them- he rolls his black eyes at me.

 "Well sorry, but can I ask you something?"

 "Just do it."

 "Why does your body move? It's been switching positions, the eyes have moved, and now it's all the way over there."

 "That's because." He rolls his eyes again. 'I've been taking care of it, Stupid."

 "Um... Oh. Okay."

 "Now come on, me first okay?"

 "I was gonna save you for last but whatever." My shaking hand extends to his arm, and I slowly wrap my fingers around his wrist, the skin splits a little, and I dart my hand away, shrieking. "Oh my god! Save me!"

 "What is wrong with you?"

 "Look, if you can move it, go bury your body yourself."

 "I can't move it that much, are you crazy?"

 "Are you?" I snap.

 "No."

 "I can't do this; it's so creepy... and gross."

 "Then try again tomorrow night."

 "Maybe I will." I snap. "Maybe I won't because I don't care anymore."

 "What about her?" He points at Eleanor. I ignore him and race out of the room.

 _____________________________________________________

 "Molly?" My mother calls, I slowly walk down the stairs, the railing broke again, and I am not the one who broke it this time, maybe I did it yesterday night though, when I got frustrated with Shane. I don't remember, I guess.

 "Yeah?" I say, as I push the stupid creaky door of the staircase room' open.

 "You've got a friend waiting here."

 "Okay, is it Em? Or Lexica?"

 "I don't know him..." My mother shrugs. "Some guy named Ashton." Right. I think. I never told Mom about Ashton and now he's at my door. "Molly, who is he?"

 "He's a friend I met in Seattle. His mother worked on Alicia's case-"

 "Seattle?" My mother's voice drops.

 "And, he was moving here."

 "I didn't know you made a friend there." She says slowly. Mom thinks that everything coming from Seattle is dangerous now. This is not good.

 Suddenly an idea comes to my mind. Only Ashton knows about the bodies at my house. Only he can help me with burying them.

"Sorry Mom, I gotta run, can't keep Ashton waiting." I say in a rush, and run to the door. There's no time to try to look nice anyways, I didn't know that he was coming- and when did I ever try to look nice for friend anyways? Maybe it's just all this Gayheart stuff that's turning my life upside down.

 _____________________________________________________

 "What am I going to do? You have to help me." I stare out the window of his car, breathing slowly.

 "Stay calm, Molly, I'll think of something."

 "Well, Shane's really desperate. So's Eleanor."

 "I wish that I could talk to your apparition friends too." Ashton says.

 "Yeah, you would like Eleanor. Anyone would like her." I sigh, as he pulls into the parking lot of an apartment building- where he'll be staying at.  The thought of how nice Eleanor is and all those stuff she's done for me makes me more desperate than Shane to keep her secret safe.

 "My apartment's top floor." Ashton tells me.

 "Hope you don't fall out the window." I giggle.

 "And your mother seems very nice." She'd be even nicer if you weren't from Seattle.

 _____________________________________________________

 We spent half an hour in Ashton's apartment thinking of a plan when he suddenly widened his eyes. "Right, didn't you say that your parents and your brother are going to your old apartment tomorrow?"

 "Yeah."

 "They'll be away, and I can help you with the bodies."

 "But Alicia and Kimberly will still be there."

 "Kimberly's more than likely going to go shopping right?"

 "That's true." I giggle a little.

 "We can get Alicia to go with her, maybe."

 "How?"

 "Tell Alicia to buy something for you maybe, pretend that you're too lazy to go, yourself."

 "That actually might work." I smile.

 "Trust me, the plan will work." He smiles then blushes.

 "Thank you so much." I blush as we step into the elevator.  A few minutes ago I was feeling stressed and pressured; not knowing how I can go near those bodies, never mind touch them. Now, I feel like the weight has been lifted completely.