Chapter eighteen

Halloween.

I parked my car in the parking lot, Emily, Lexica, Alicia, and I start to head towards the school. My friends have been treating Alicia a little differently and I can tell that she doesn't like that. They talk to her like she's a little girl. Emily continues to tease me about falling on my face on live TV.

"Hey, what is that?" Lexica suddenly says, squinting her eyes. Alicia gasps.

"It's a coffin!" My sister exclaims.

"Oh my god!" Emily gasps.

"It's probably just a Halloween decoration." I say, I've 'interacted' with the dead too much to be scared, and I'm definitely not telling them my secret, even if they know it's bothering me, I mean like if seeing a coffin can freak them out what will four dead bodies in a creepy house do to them?

"Molly, it's not for Halloween, look at all the police cars." Emily tells me.

"Can it really be such a coincidence?" I sigh, but notice the police cars myself.

"What's going on?" Lexica's eyes fill with fear.

"Lexie, I don't think you're the one in trouble." I say.

"Then who's-"

"It's probably Caine McFadden, he's the top suspect remember? For breaking it and vandalizing the school by spray painting the lockers in the East hall with curses and stuff." Emily says.

"What!? I never even knew that someone vandalized the school." I say.

"You're slow." Emily giggles.

"My locker's in the east hall." Alicia says. "And it really isn't pretty, trust me, Molly."

"Oh."

"Caine McFadden?' Lexica suddenly smirks. "Ha-ha! Emily, he's the guy you had a crush on in fifth grade!" Emily blushes.

"I was pretty stupid, okay?" We pass by the coffin. I stop to take a look.

"Molly, I think you're right, it's just a Halloween decoration." Emily tugs my arm, as Lexica and Alicia walks on without giving the coffin a second glance. I nod slightly and start to walk on, but deep inside me I feel discomfort, because the body was too real and too gross.

But just why the heck is it at school?

___________________________________________________________

That day when I got home, I was just as clueless as when I first came to school. There's three rumors going on at school about that coffin:

1) The girl in the coffin was trying to be a school- shooter, she isn't part of our school at all, at the last minute she chickened out and suicide, her body was found behind a tree.

2) She is a Sophomore at our school, she was killed on her way to school by an anonymous serial killer.

3) The girl in the coffin is a dead girl who was already buried for five or so months but someone at school had decided to blackmail the school by digging her body up for the cemetery, and putting her on the front lawn which explains why the police are here.

Alicia believes number 1, she told me that when we got home. Lexica believes number 2, Emily believes number 3, she was shivering like mad. I don't believe any of the rumors, because they're all too brutal, but the whole idea that there's a dead girl in a fresh coffin on the school's front lawn is already 'brutal, brutal.'

"Molly, you forgot your phone here today, and I think the FBI called you." Eleanor says.

"Oh, thanks." I reach for my phone, must be some updates about my who knows how long trip to Seattle. "Oh and Eleanor? Do you know anything about that house like you know where Amanda and Natalie used to work at?"

"Not much, I never go down there anymore,  know that there's a cemetery if you keep going down, and Shane said that a group of nuns or something moved into that house."

"What!?"

"Don't know.... Shane's a big liar. And about my mission, I was thinking about leaving, going on-"

"No!" I scream.

"I'll come back, I promise."

"Are you sure, you can come back?" I gasp. "I mean wouldn't your parents or brother come back to find you already?"

"Maybe they lost hope in me." her voice sounds so sad. 'Maybe they don't care."

"They've got to! Maybe they just can't! You know what, go on, I want you to find them."

 "Okay, I'll try but I really don't want to leave you, how about this? When I go to Seattle, you go to Heaven? And then we both come back together, mission completed!"

"I hope it's that easy, Molly."

"It will be, in fact, I'm sure you'll find a way to get back to your family, stop feeling so depressed." The phone in my hand suddenly vibrates. "Hello?"

"Hey Molly! it's Lexica!"

"Oh um... hi."

"Emily and I have a great plan! How about all three of us have a party at your house! It's the creepiest one out of all our houses! Molly, right?"

"Um-"

"It's a perfect Halloween setting!" I think about Emily's words that other day: Since you moved you seem to have a secret, you seem like you want to avoid us. Do you still want to be friends? "Um, okay, I'll get ready, right now!" With that, I turn off the phone, and run downstairs, I take out my row of duct tape and start taping the door of the room with the bodies.

___________________________________________________________

Lexica, Emily, Alicia, and I had a blast, I was worried every now and then that Shane would do something, but surprisingly he didn't.

At least not while my friends are here, no kid knocked on our door for trick or treating, I guess there's just so much more interesting stuff going on here in NYC than to go all the way to a lonely street with two freaky houses. I remember how many times I had to answer the door back when I lived in my apartment.

"Molly, we're really going to miss you when you go to Seattle." Lexica says, as she and Emily got ready to leave.

"It's okay, I'm not staying forever, I just want to find Rohypnol guy, that's all." I smiled, Emily wrapped her arms around me. "And plus it's in like four months or so, come on."

"But when don't know when you're coming back." Emily sighs. "When are you leaving, exactly?"

"December 28 or 29, sorry I can't spend New Year’s with you girls." Alicia won't be going, it turns out it's unhealthy for her to see that guy again, their supposed to keep Alicia away from him, if it weren't for that is aw him they really have no die how to find him.

___________________________________________________________

That night, I was drifting off to sleep, when I felt it again, the weight on my body and my eyes seeing my room, faintly, through closed eyelids, I wanted to ignore it, until I felt the ice on my lips, like who is trying to cool my... lips? What kind of joke is this? Alicia and Mom won't do this, and nobody else lives with us...

Suddenly I think I know that it's not ice. it's another..... I need to move, I can't. I've never felt this before, but I know what this is-

This is the worse first kiss ever.

 From Shane Abramson.

  Fun Fact about Behind You: If y'all didn't know, the character Eleanor comes from @mekapk! She's the best friend ever, who would do anything for me, when I don't know how to help her back for why I deserve to have her as a friend! That is how nice and awesome she is! Remember to follow her if you haven't already and read her books! Thank you! (@mekapk, I know you're to dead! LOL.)