Chapter twenty- three

I gave Linda a call about seeing Rohypnol Guy at the café yesterday. She was speechless for a full minute.

"So you're sure it's him?"

"Positive." I said.

"I'm going to need you again today, Molly, I'll be over at 1:30, prepare."

"Oh, okay. Bye." I look at the clock 1:20. I immediately dash over to my closet like mad.

_________________________________________________________

This time when Linda and I got into another conference room, she didn't leave. Both cops from yesterday were there. Ashton smiled when he saw me. His creepy mother smiled a little too much at me, in fact she smiled, stopped, then smiled again, and trust me, that's creepy.

"Miss. McAllister." One of the cops says to me. "Since we've gotten information from yesterday, we wanted to tell you something about Trevor Gayheart."

"That's the worse last name I've ever-" I stop myself.

"He's been in trouble for having drugs before."

"Oh..."

"And, he's 19 years old."

"He is?- I mean okay."

"Now, you just have to sign this, to prove that you are sure that this guy who drugged your sister last year, is Trevor Gayheart."

He hands me the paper, and my hand started shaking, as fast as my heart was speeding up. I've never been able to use my signature for anything serious but for my driver's license.

I do it as carefully as possible, but because I'm too worried about the way I looks, I spell my name wrong, M-o-l-y, something I've never done since I was in kindergarten.

"I quickly fix it, blushing. Nobody noticed, except for Ashton. He grinned at me. I hand the paper back to the cop.

"Thank you, we are now ready for trial."

"Trial!?" I shriek.

"What did you expect, Molly?" Ashton says.

"But-" I am going to be in court. Real court.

"We're going to contact your family when we get everything ready. Your sister and brother will be needed." The tall woman says, with the huge smile still plastered on her skinny face.

"I just can't really talk in front of people."

"It's going to be okay." Linda says.

"Don't say that, you're ruining it for yourself." Ashton whispers to me.

"So." The tall woman grins. "You can go home, tonight!"

"To- night!?" I gasp. "I've never had a chance to pack out of my compartment-"

"You don't need to." Linda says. "I'll be staying here, and we are going to book the compartment for you until you have to come back. You will be coming back as soon as the trial is ready."

"Okay.."

"Be at the airport at 10 tonight, you're on your own, Molly." Linda says. We walked out of the room together. "It was really nice to work with you." She said as we went down on the elevator. I smiled.

"Same."

"I can't wait to see you again next month or whenever trial will be ready." She said. "You're my best client so far."

"Really?"

"You're always on time!" She laughed. She apologized about making me nervous in the beginning and I told her that she'd always been great.