Chapter 4

You open your eyes and you become blind by the sun showing through the window. Once you get your vision back you notice that you are surrounded by white walls. You try to prop yourself up and imminently feel a sharp pain on your torso. You ignore the pain and sit all the way up to see a sleeping Reiner sitting in a chair slumped over. You then look the other direction and realized that there was a huge red plus on the wall. That is when you realized that you were in the infirmary. You snapped your attention Erwin who had opened to double doors. He smiles at you as he says," I'm so happy you are okay. You are lucky Reiner came and got me. Otherwise, you could've been killed. Based off of the hits you took to the stomach and the lower part of the ribs you have two broken ribs, if that went to your head you could've been killed. But don't worry we have him in a cell downstairs until his a trial in a few days." Your eyes open widen after knowing that your ribs had been broken, but you were more surprised that someone had done something nice for you. It was... nice. 

     Then another emotion can into play. Your anger for Levi. That is when you completely forgot about the pain and threw off the blankets, jumped out of the bed and went fuming for the downstairs. As you put your hand on the door to open it you felt a hand go under your arm and pull it up. You looked behind you and realized that Erwin had stopped you. You took you to hand off the door, then he took his hand off of you. "Listen Y/N. I know that you aren't happy but you must keep a cool head. Now go back to your room. Ill wake Reiner and he'll take you back. Get dressed and go eat. Then the rest of the day you can have off. Do what you'd like but don't push your self too much." 

      Erwin tells you with a sweet smile. You nod and watch as he goes over and wakes up Reiner. After he's up to you two walk down the hall in complete silence. Once you reached your office you opened the door and walked in. What really confused you was that Reiner walked in. What you wanted to say was," What the hell are you doing." Instead, you said," Thank you for getting Erwin last night. I owe you big time. Let me know if I can help you with anything." You had turned around to walk to your room to change you felt a hand on your waist. Then you realized that you were in a hug with Reiner. You tried to push away from him but his grip only tightened. "What the hell are you doing let me go... NOW." You demand. "Nope! Not gonna happen Y/Y. You said that you owe me one so imma cash it in now. In a few days I want you to go on a date with me and I get to set everything up." He says a jack-ass smile. 

      You sigh and give in, "Fine." He finally had let you go and left. You sighed and mentally slapped yourself. Then you went into your room and got dressed. After doing so you had locked your door and went to get breakfast. When you got there and opened the door everyone looked at you and then looked away. You shook it off and walked into the back of the room, got a tray, and sat down and the same table from yesterday. Not long after everyone else had joined you. Everyone sat in silence until jean spoke up," Yo, Y/Y, are you okay? What was the damage?" You sigh and say," Ya I'm fine. I get the day off. Only because I have a few small broken rib. I should be okay for tomorrow though." You look at them and they are just looking at you like you are crazy. "Okay, is there another head on me? Why are you looking at me like that?" you ask being very irritated now. Then Eren speaks up and says/yells," WHY ARE YOU SO CALM ABOUT THIS! YOU BROKE A FUCKING RIB!" 

      You start to chuckle when you go to outright laughing. You finished your little laugh attack by wiping the tears from your eyes and say," A broken rib is nothing compared to what I went through at my hometown." "Oh ya! You said that you were an "underground thug" right? What was it like?" Asks Connie. You laugh at his curiosity and say," I'll tell you all later because we have to go now." you say at you point up and the bells start to ring. You get up and leave with everyone else. You walked back to your office in hopes of trying to finish your book and start another one or two. When you go to the door you were Erwin standing there with a pile of papers in hand. You look at him and say," Wait let me guess! I don't have the day off instead I have, drum roll please, PAPERWORK!" You watch as Erwin laughs a little and nods," Ya sorry Y/N, I know I promised you today off but with Levi gone there's extra work. Could you please it? I'll give you another day off okay?" You nod as you unlock the door and let Erwin in. He walks in and sets the papers on your desk and leaves but on his way out he ruffles your hair and says,"Thank you for doing this." You stand there dazed by his action. It made you... happy. None has ever touched you that nicely. You smile to yourself ask you walk to your desk and you get started. It felt good to you to smile. You hadn't done it in a while.