Damaged But Still Strong

"Well... She's stable for now... You may go and see her but she's currently in a coma... " the doctor says to me as he steps aside opening the door for me. My heart instantly lightened as I walked in and saw her resting place figure that had gained a little color back. I pulled up and chair and sat in it while holding her hand.

 "Why did you do this to yourself? Were you really that willing to take your life... Or were you just uncertain..." I questioned her in my head as I allowed a single tear to flee From my eye,  roll down my face and land on her hand that was motionless and folded in mine. I say down and gripped her hand as if she would slip away from me. But in this case, she just might...

I was pulled from my thought as the doors flew open. I looked away from her and was Erwin. I waited for him to catch his breath, " The armored titan has been spotted in the fallen Trost district... We have to leave now! "  And with that, he was off. I stood up and looked at her again. I leaned forward and brushed the hair off of her face and placed a kiss on her forehead followed by, " I love you (Y/N). Hope I can come back here and tell you when you wake up"  Then I was off.

--3 hours later --

I stood on a shattering hose and looked around at the drunk like creatures that we have labeled as titans. I scanned the area until three of them were getting to close for comfort. I walked off the roof and shot my hooks into a nearby clock tower. As soon as my point of release came to my gas tanks clogged causing me to fall to the hard and unforgiving street that was caked in dried up the blood of those who used to walk it every day.

My body rolled for a few feet till I came to a stop. I propped my body up by placing my hands on the filthy ground. I looked around at my surroundings until I was greeted by a loud "thud". I quickly looked up and saw a 17- meter titan coming right at me with its filthy body and it's head that sickly wore a mortifying smile. 

I sprang up to my knees and released my dull blades and attempted to replace them with new ones but, to my dismay, I had no more new ones. I looked up and saw the titan crush all the blades that I had dropped with it's over a sized foot. With little options left I ran down the row of houses that were once filled with laughter and happiness but are now stained with blood and horror from that one day.

I kept running as (Y/N) kept flashing into my mind. The way the laughed. How perfect her smile was. And how flawless her curvy body was while she kicked ass. The last image of her caused me to blush and slow down in my speed. Before I knew it I was lifted off of the ground by the hand of certain death.

I struggled against the hand and I took notice of how close the gates of hell were for me. But I wasn't ready to enter, there is so much I still have to tell her. In pure frustration and anger, I let out loud scream. A scream that I poured all my emotions into. I closed my eyes and simply waited.

To my utter disbelief, the hand had dropped me. I reacted with just enough time to land on my feet and see the beast fall forward to me. I scrambled to move out of the way as a giant dust cloud formed from the titan falling. I strained my eyes to adjust to the dark. Eventually, I made out an outline and a person. 

Its shadow came closer to me as I made it out to be a female character. Only this one seemed to be smaller than normal for their height. They kept walking to me as I stood there still unsure until it spoke. "Hey, you okay you sexist gnome?" I instantly knew that voice. That voice was one I have been longing to here. The person now stood right in front of me.

There She Was. (Y/N). She has dressed in her all-white uniform accompanied by the leather straps that supported the heavy gear. I studied her body structure and saw how skinny she was. It was almost sickening. But that didn't matter to me. I lunged forward and wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her into a hug. "I thought I lost you... " I managed to speak without breaking down.

--(y/n) pov--

 "I thought I lost you... " were the only words that were used followed by his hugging action. I slowly peeled him off of me as I asked, " did you hit your head on the way down? "  His attention went right for my eyes as he spoke to me, " don't you get it, idiot. The only thing that hit me was you... You hit me so hard with your love spell that I can't get rid of it. Just for those few hours you were passed out I thought that my world no longer had meaning, but now that you stand here in front of me damaged that doesn't change the fact that you're still strong... "

A slow blush flowed to my face as I barely managed to say, " we should keep moving... " and with that, I was off leaving him with his heart wide open and my mind totally confused.