Male!Esmeralda x Reader

I stand in the ally way and looked over to the man with the goat. He smiled as he danced. I smiled and went to go over when I saw the guards. I gasp and the man stopped. He looked in my direction and smiles. I looked to the guards and he followed my line of sight. He grabbed his earnings and rushed off. I cower into the shadows and hurry out of sight. Back to my home. It was a windmill outside the town. I smiled as I hurry inside and saw the children I cared for. The ones no one but I cared for. They looked over and I smiles. I pulled the sack off my back and pulls out some apples and bread. They cheated as I cut them up and handed the food out equally. I smiled and sat by the window.

I heard a scream and got up and run towards the door, there stud the dancing man. I stud in front the children.

"Hello again." He smiled. I didn't move and grabbed a pipe near me. "Wow. Easy. I brought you this for saving me." He handed out a small sack. I took it and looked inside. Bread, apples, melons. I hand the bag to one of the children.

"You followed me." I say and he smiled. "What didn't expect me to speak?"

*********

I hand him some food while the children watched us. The man I now knew as Esmerald sat there looking around at the children.

"Did (Y/n) really save you?"

"Your so handsome."

"Thank you." He smiled at the girls. They giggled and I sigh.

"Time for bed." I smiled and picked up the youngest girl. She was only 4. They whined but waved to the man and hurried up the stairs. I tuck them in and walk down the stairs to see him watching my every move. I pick up the remaining door and put inly in a sack. I saw his goat looking at an apple. I smiled and hand it to him. He ate it happily and I pet his head.

"So you look after all these kids?" He asked. I nodded. "How is I you can buy food?" I tensed and looked away from him. "Do you...sell your body?" I blush and glare at him.

"No." I growl. "I preform. Sort of like you...only I sing." I say. He just looked at me. "What?"

"Nothing." He said looking away. I slowly get up and walked towards the "window". Its really just a hole in the wall. I pull back the fabric and look at the stars. "How come these kids don't have parents?"

"These children, like me, are orphans. The orphanages had no money or room for them so I took them to care for them." I smile.

"Miss (Y/n)!" I shot up and hurry up to see Jessica tossing and turning in her sleep. I rush over and hold her tightly in my arms. She whimpered and sobbed.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." All the children sat there listening as Jessica, now awake, whimpered in my arms. "You make me happy, when sky's are grey." I smiled. "You'll never know dear how much I love you." I continued and stroked her hair as her eyes slowly shut. "Please don't take my sunshine away." I whisper, tucking her in. I walked out the room and down to a shocked Esmerald.

"Your voice is...beautiful." He smiled coming over quickly. He smiled and cupped my face. "I'm sorry but your the most amazing woman I have ever met." He smiled. He leaned closer and kissed my head as I just stud there frozen. His words made me smile but I couldn't do anything.

**********

I walked around the street and smiled as I saw Esmerald. I wave slightly and he smiled. I walked off to the market and brought what I needed. I hurry home to find the place trashed. I looked around but saw everything gone or broken. I hurry towards the sliding wall. I knock twice and it opened. There was all the children, crying and shacking in fear.

**********

Later that night the children were fast asleep when Esmerald bust through the door. He saw the mess and then me. He hurried over and grabbed my face, looking me over.

"Are you okay?" I nod and he sighed and two other men came in. "You and the children are coming with us. I have a safe place where you can all live." He smiled. "That way I can keep you safe." I looked at him and shook my head.

"We are safe here." I say. He looked around then to me, raising an eyebrow.

"Doesn't seem like your safe here princess." One of the men said. I sigh and call the children.

Once we left Esmerald grabbed me hand and kissed my head.

"You'll be safe now." I smiled and pulled him down to my level and kissed him. I slowly pulled away and he just smiled at me.

"We better be."