Tarzan x Reader

I look over towards a sad, broken hearted, Tarzan. Jane left three days ago and he still thinks she'll come back. I look over to Kala who just looked sadly in the other direction. Like Tarzan a gorilla found me and took me in. She was killed when I was young so Tarzan looked after me. I loved him but he only seemed interested in Jane. I sigh and jump up into the trees and looked up at the stars. Jane had told me about them but I didn't care much about what she said. I just wanted to be there for Tarzan.

"She isn't coming back." I shot up and looked over to Tarzan. "Is she?" I looked down sadly and he say next to me.

"I wish she was." I smile sadly and look at him. "Then you would be happy."

"I miss her (Y/n)." I tried to smile but I felt the tears build up. I quickly grab on to a vine and swung off towards the place Jane left Tarzan broken. I sigh and look out at the stars, just sitting there. I slowly get up and walked to the water. I looked at my reflection and frowned. Why would he love me? I sigh and turned back towards the jungle when the man himself dropped in front of me. "You ran?" He asked. I sigh and walked past him but he grabbed my arm and held me in place. "Why?"

"Because you hate me. You love Jane and you always will. Not me." I say and pull my arm free, going back to the gorillas.

*********

The next day we was on the move again. I sigh and follow, next to, Kala.

"Tarzan says you two had a fight last night." I sigh but nod. "I know you love and care about Tarzan, he just needs time." I nod

**********

Soon we all settled down for the night. I shoot awake as the sound of thunder rang through the sky. I look down at the others, sleeping safely in the cave near the threes I was in. I jump slightly as the sounds got louder. I shivered lightly until a hand grabbed mine. I look next to me and Tarzan sat there looking worried. I opened my mouth but jump in his arms as a loud crack rang through the air. He held me close to his chest. He gently lifted me and swung down to the ground. He ran and I look over and saw him heading towards an empty cave. He placed me down on a grassy section and smiled at me. I smiled back but flinch as the thunder came back. He laid next to me and I felt his warmth, radiating off him. I lean closer smiling. He chuckled and kissed my head.

"You was wrong. I love you." He said. I hug him tightly and smiled wider. I look up and kiss him softly, his hands going up and cupping my face. I melt in his arms happy to be there. I slowly pulled away and we just laid there.

"I love you too." I smiled before slipping asleep.