One of those days [Elle Varner Fan Fiction] Chapter 7.

Enjoy...

Chapter 7:

“Took you long enough.” She said with her arms crossed over her chest, shaking her head, I sighed, laying my head on the steering wheel.

“Sorry.”

“What took so long, its negative zero degrees out here in these streets?” I chuckled Kory was always the dramatic on out of the twins.

“Why couldn’t Kyra pick you up?”

“She’s busy … But like I said what took so long?”

“I was … Kinda on a date…”

“A date?” Kory said putting much emphasis on the word date. Her Brooklyn accent in full effect. I smiled and touched my lips softly, unlocking the door. She opened it and hopped in.

“Buckle up.”

“Okay … But a date, with Sean?”

“Yeah, he cooked for me.”

“Really? Girl … So, I guess you found the place he wanted to meet you at?”

“Yeah, it was a school…”

“Oh…”

“Yep.” The car grew silent besides the faint sound of the radio.

“So … He’s going back to college or something?”

“No, it was an elementary school.”

“So he’s a teacher…? What’s wrong with that…?”

“No, he has a daughter, her name is Cassidy. And before you say anything, she is the sweetest girl I’ve ever met.” Kory’s mouth dropped.

“A daughter? … Wow.”

“I know right, he said I can come over and meet her mother before she picks her up for the weekend but … I don’t know, I’m not his girlfriend or anything so it would be awkward you know?”

“Right, well does he expect you to come over?”

“Probably not.”

“I don’t know what to say girl … Me? I would go, but as for you … You’re too scared anyway.”

“No I’m not.”

“Sure…” She perched her lips and stared at me, her head cocked to the side.

“I’m not; I’ll go … If I didn’t have something to do.”

“What do you have to do?”

“Stuff…”

“Like what?” I gripped the wheel tighter as we sat at the red light.

“Okay, I have nothing to do.”

“Then go!”

“Fine, I will go and meet Cassidy’s mother. I just hope I’m not making a big mistake…”

*

“Elle, you came!” Sean said shocked. I smiled and walked into his small apartment.

“Yeah, I mean … I didn’t know if I should but … I don’t know maybe I should leave.”

“No, don’t … You can have a seat in the living room with Cassidy.” I swallowed hard.