One of those days [Elle Varner Fan Fiction] Chapter 9.

Chapter 9:

“Don’t tell me I’m your one and only cause it sounds bitter We ain’t gotta be together I won’t even be jealous If it’s you and me that’s how it’s gotta be And Anything other somebody’s gonna bleed Don’t worry, don’t worry boy I won’t kill you But I’m a make you wish you kept it in your pants zipper I got so many different ways of making you pay I hope you never have to catch me on a bad day Like if I took a 9 iron to ya range rover I betcha think again about your little sleepovers Oh I’m a woman and I notice every little thing You probably never think I’d check the hair in the sink But I don’t miss a beat baby So you can’t even run your A game on me…

“Is it my turn?”

“Yep. Everybody this is Cassidy!” The crowd began to clap and holler as she waved I handed her the microphone.

“Hi.”

“And Cassidy here … Has a Tiny little temper, she’s going to tell you about it …. Right Cass?”

“Yeah.”

“Alright, let’s do it again … One more time guys…” The band began to play and Cassidy began to dance and sing as the crowd clapped…

“I’m a nice girl I’m sugar plum sweet I’ll give you all of my love but don’t test me ‘cause I got a teeny little tiny little temper I got a teeny little tiny little temper I’m like a buttercup Your Girl candy Treat you like a King Don’t test me Got a teeny little tiny little temper I got a teeny little tiny little temper.”

“Tell em one more time Cass!”

“I’m a nice girl I’m sugar plum sweet I’ll give you all of my love but don’t test me ‘cause I got a teeny little tiny little temper I got a teeny little tiny little temper” The crowd went crazy, we both did a small bow and walked off the stage, meeting Sean back stage.

“You did wonderful Cassidy.”

“What about me?”

“You did wonderful too.” Sean kissed my lips and picked up Cassidy, pulling her in for a long hug.

“Thank you daddy.”

“Welcome baby girl. Now go sit with your mother.”

“Okay.” She said plain and simple running off the stage towards Regan, who I noticed was sitting alone.

“Did Devin show up?”

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about, before you go over there…”

“Okay…” I said nervously, drinking some water. Sean pulled me to the side and scratched the back of his neck.

“So, I guess you were right … He was cheating on her--”

“I knew it … I knew he didn’t change. I have to talk to her!”

“Elle, no.”

“No?”

“Yes.”

“What?” I said confused.

“No, don’t talk to her … I will. Uh, that’s not all.”

“What else happened?”

“Devin is in the hospital, he was in a car accident and was hurt pretty badly.”

“Whaatt?”

“Yeah, Um, So do you want to go down to the hospital or--”

“Don’t you think Regan would want to go?”

“She doesn’t want to.”

“That’s strange. Are you sure I can’t talk to her maybe…”

“Just not right now.” I sighed and stood to my feet.

“Alright, I will just go say hello then.”

“Just hello.”

“Yep.” Sean and I walked off the stage, only to notice Regan and Cassidy was nowhere to be found…

*

I knew this hospital was the last place I should be, considering I was over Devin. But a part of me still cared. He was my best friend first, and to hear he was in a car accident brought the memories back … The good ones, of our friendship…

“EV?”

“Hey, how are you?”

“I’m hurting … He chuckled … But how did you know I was here?”

“Well, you are dating my boyfriends ex..”

“Oh, he told you?”

“Yeah.”

“Have a seat.”

“I’d rather stand, I just came to see if you were okay and if Regan had come to visit.”

“Yeah, she came … To give me back the engagement ring.” He said coughing and holding onto his stomach.

“Ring?”

“Yeah, I purposed to her a while back, and I guess she got cold feet.”

“You … Getting married, I thought you were against that!” I said shaking my head in disbelief.

“Well, I guess when your with the right person you change.”

“So when we were together I wasn’t the right person?”

“Come on EV, lets not start this.”

“Okay fine. Sorry.” He began to cough again.

“Where’s Sean?”

“Outside.” I said plain and simple, wiping away a stray tear.

“Well, don’t just stand around here being sad, go … Enjoy your life.”

“You say that like yours is over.”

“It is … The woman I love turned me down, I have nothing to live for.”

“Love, you loved Regan?”

“Yeah. I know it’s hurting you to hear this … But I did, and when she gave me back this ring, I just … It hurt.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that Devin.”

“It’s okay.”

“No it’s not okay, I will help you get her back.”

“How will you do that?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll figure it out.” I smiled and gave Devin a quick hug.

“EV, thanks.”

“You’re welcome. You just get well soon.”

“Elle, you ready?” Sean said leaning on the door, I began to nod and walked over to him, grabbing his hand.

“Did you find Regan and Cassidy?”

“Yeah, there at my house.”

“Let’s get there before they leave again.”

“Right … Elle, are you okay with everything going on?”

“Yeah, actually I am.” I laid my head on his shoulder. To be completely honest, I was happier than I ever been. And officially over Devin. I wanted to help him, but I just hope I wsn’t hurting anything with Sean…