One of those days [Elle Varner Fan Fiction] Chapter 10.

Enjoy...

Chapter 10:

“He said you gave him back the engagement ring Regan…”

“I know, I did it for me … I’m not ready to let us go…”

“What?”

“Yeah … What?” I said chocking on my water, Sean and I looked at Regan like she was crazy, she cradled a sleeping Cassidy in her arms tight.

“What do you mean let us go we’ve been over for years.”

“I know but don’t you think we could try again…”

“I’m … I’m sitting right here!”

“Elle, you don’t understand. I still love Sean.”

“No you don’t.” I stood up and shook my arms and head defensively.

“Yes I do.”

“Sean … Do you hear her?”

“You don’t love me, you love me because I’m doing well, and I’m happy and in love … You never could stand to see me happy. I think you should leave Regan.”

“But--”

“You heard him, leave.”

“I will pick her up this weekend, other than that you need to go.” He walked her to the door and I followed behind, my hands planted on my hips. He gave Cassidy a kiss and closed the door behind her and turned to face me.

“I don’t even know what to say…”

“Don’t say anything; I knew she still had feelings for me, like you with Devin. We will just have to step away from our past and work on our future.”

“I’d like that.” Sean grabbed my hand and led me to the couch, laying me gently on my back and kissing my jaw line and neck. We helped each other out our clothes and I pulled the small blanket off the couch and onto our naked bodies as he entered me slowly. I bit my bottom lip enjoying every single moment…

*

“When I was a young girl singing in my bathroom Hair brush for a microphone Nothing in the whole wide world Couldn’t take me out my zone I remember clearly what my daddy told me Told me that the world was mine And when I didn't believe, My mama told me "My baby, it's gone be just fine. He's gonna work it out alright…"

“Are you going to perform that Thursday night?”

“Yeah … You like it?”

“Love it; you know Thursday I hear some big names were stopping through the club…”

“Like who?”

“Don’t know, all I know is when you perform, hit the notes with confidence and don’t be afraid to just go crazy … That’s what their looking for.”

“Thanks for the heads up Stan.”

“You're welcome, great rehearsal. See you next week.”

“See you.” He gave my shoulder a pat and walked off. I hurried out the club and ran the blocks just in time to pick up my food order. Now all I had to do was make it to Sean’s apartment without passing out…

*

“Hello?”

“So someone didn’t come home last night…”

“Oh well, you see what had happened was--”

“Save it EV and Kyra’s on the phone too…”

“Hey Ky.”

“Hey EV, so … Keep talking, you didn’t come home why?”

“Last night was crazy.”

“Ummhmm how was it?” Kory said. I could feel her smiling wide through the phone.

“Yeah, it was great … I’m on my way to drop off breakfast at his house, and then I’m going to head over to your okay?”

“Okay, that’s cool with us … Is little Cassidy coming too?”

“No, I don’t think after last night I’m ever getting to see Cassidy unless she’s with Sean.” Kory and Kyra chuckled in unison; I found a good parking spot, grabbed the food and got ready to walk the three flights up to Sean’s apartment…

“That’s crazy how she just confessed her love for him like you wasn’t even in the room … If it were me, she’d be on the floor.”

“Right Kyra, because you’re the crazy twin … EV, don’t listen to her as long as you know Sean is only here for you, you got nothing to worry about…”

“Or do I?”

“What?”

“She’s standing at his door, crying. They just hugged oh my god they just hugged!” I said between gritted teeth.

“Oh my god what?”

“I just … They, they kissed … I will call you two back.”

“No, but we want to hear the drama!”

“Bye.” I said simply before hanging up. I clenched the bag of food tight and walked over to the two, before I could get further I could hear Sean push her off of him and yell…

“What are you doing?”

“Yeah what are you doing?”

“Elle…”

“No, I saw it all … What are you doing Regan?”

“I was just … Uh, I have to go.”

“No. Stay. You need to start talking…”

*

 “Devin died … In my arms.”

“What?”

“Last night, after I left I went to see him, tell him I accepted his purposal and that’s when it happened…”

“Oh my god.” I took a seat and clasped my hand over my mouth.

“I’m so sorry Elle, I know he was your best friend.”

“I don’t know what to say … I just talked to him, he seemed fine.”

“He did, even when I went to visit him I thought he was fine.”

“He died and you just decided the first place to come was Sean’s house to kiss him?”

“I needed comfort--”

“You’re sick that’s what you are.” Before thinking I slapped Regan hard across the face, grabbing my purse and walking out. How was I going to tell the twins. I don’t even think I could deal with this…