One of those days [Elle Varner Fan Fiction] Chapter 19.

Chapter 19.

“Alright, you’re free to go.”

“Sean over here!”

“Hey.” He said as they helped him step off the same van I was in earlier, he gave me a hug again and pulled be towards the door of his store letting me in.

“What happened in there?”

“They asked a few more questions, he’s going to jail of course.”

“Good he deserves to he robbed your store and held you hostage.”

“Don’t remind me … Have a seat, I’ll make us something to eat.”

“Finally food!”

“Why are you so hungry tonight?” He smiled, turning on the lights and starting up the grill. I sighed and let my head and hair rest on the palm of my hand.

“I’ve been really busy today.”

“How was your day anyway?”

“Besides busy?” He chuckled and shook his head yes.

“Yeah, sides that…”

“Good actually, I got something’s accomplished, wrote a few more songs for my new mixtape. Oh and I’ve come up with a name…”

“Really? What did you come up with?”

“Actually I came up with three … but the final one I decided was Conversational Lush.

Conversational Lush? What … How in the world did you come up with that?”

“What? You don’t like it?”

“I love it actually. That’s why I want to know?”

“You remember when we first met and we’d talk on the phone for hours, and just laugh, and at the end didn’t want to hang up?”

“Ummhmm. I remember.”

“Well, those conversations we’d have just made me … Lush.” I shrugged, Sean smiled wide.

“That’s very creative.”

“Thank you.”

“No problem.” He said smiling again before going back to his cooking, I didn’t know what he was in there doing but two things I knew was it smelled delicious, and I was still starving…

*

“So … Like, he just pushed the door open while you were in the back?”

“Yeah, I was printing off some paperwork and out of nowhere I hear the metal door stopper hit the wall, I peeked out and this guy dressed like a ninja is walking around looking for the cash register.”

“Then what?”

“So I call 911, the woman told me to stay in there but e started knocking over the tables so I ran out and hit him with a bottle and it’s like he felt nothing because that’s when he turned around and pointed the gun at me.” My eyes widened as I stuffed my face with French fries, my leg bounced up and down every time Sean mentioned the gun.

“Oh my god, I’m so glad you’re alright.”

“Me too, He messed up the store pretty bad but I can fix the damage. I had already cleaned the register out so he basically went in for nothing.”