One of those days [Elle Varner Fan Fiction] Chapter 18.

Chapter 18.

“911 what’s your emergency?”

“Um yes, there’s been a robbery…?”

“Okay sir, is anyone hurt?”

“No.”

“Is the robber still in the store?”

“Yes.”

“Okay sir, we will get NYPD there first I need to know where are you located…?”

*

“Okay Jessica, Okay…” I said slightly annoyed. Biting down on my apple.

“Okay? So that’s a yes?”

“Yeah … I guess.” She squealed into the phone. I had just told her about Sean purposing to me and she went on for 10 minutes straight begging me to be a brides main although I probably would have made her one if Sean and I were to get married anyway.

“Oh I can’t wait, I bet it’s going to be beautiful … You have great style anyway so I’m sure it will be.”

“Thank you?” I questioned.

“Welcome.” She yawned.

“Tired?”

“Kinda.”

“I can tell.” I took one last bite and threw the apple in an attempt to hit the basket, missing by an inch. I grunted in defeat and laid back.

“Man, I can’t believe we’ve been on the phone an hour and a half.”

“Has it been that long?”

“Yeah.”

“I wonder where Sean is, he said he’d bring food.”

“When did he say that?” I pulled my phone away from my ear and looked at the time on the screen.  I blew air in my cheeks and stuck the sticky hot phone back up to the side of my face.

“An hour and a half ago.”

“Oooh Girl, You’d better call him.”

“I need to. All I had to eat was an apple. You don’t promise food and not show up.”

“That’s just inhumane!”

“Exa – Wait sarcasm?”

“At its best.” I laughed in the phone.

“He did say he had to get up early so you never know.”

“Call anyway, the least he can do is say good night to his fiancé.” She sang. I chuckled lightly, and rolled my eyes.

“Alright, let me call and see what’s up.”

“Good, you do that I’m going to bed. Talk to you later.”

“Alright, love you.”

“Love you too. Bye.” I said one last quick good bye and hung up, immediately pressing number 2 which was Sean’s assigned speed dial number. It rang three times paused, rang again and then went to voicemail.

I didn’t know weiter to be upset or worried, after 3 more tries. At this point I had my jacket in my left hand, phone up to the right side of my face still holding onto my keys also.

Hey Sean, I’m just going to meet you at the restaurants okay? Besides, I need the air anyway and it’s not that far to walk … So I’ll meet you there, be there in 15. Love you, bye.” I said into the phone, I locked my door behind me and sprinted down the steps and sticking my headphones in my ears at the same time.

The walk seemed longer than usual, I was so consumed in my thoughts I guess I hadn’t noticed how slow I was walking until I saw flashing lights on the ground and flash against my boots as I walked.

I looked up slowly confused and shocked, police was everywhere but I couldn’t tell if they were in front of Sean’s store or the small clothing shop next to it.

“What’s going on? Do you know?”

“No, I just got here.”

“Awe Man.” The woman said snapping her fingers. She stood on her tippy toes trying to see over the crowd, I looked around at everyone’s expressions and they were all different. Some worried, scared, confused like the woman that stood next to me still trying to see over the crowd. She knew she was short why didn’t she just walk between the people I would never know.

I shook my head and said forget it before pushing my way to the front. I gasped in shock, they were surrounding Sean’s store.

“Hey, excuse me – Sir…?”

“Just like we told the others we cannot give out any kind of information, so you’ll have to wait just like all the other nosy people out here.”

“No, you don’t understand I--”

“Ma'am, please … Just stand behind the line like the others … Please!” He said adding more emphasis and power on the second please, so much emphasis he popped the letter P so hard some of that got on my face. I wiped away the spit and tapped his shoulder again only for him to ignore me. I sighed loudly and moved onto the next police who seemed a tad bit cooler.

“Excuse me sir…?”

“Yes?”

“That store … What’s going on in there?”

“Robbery gone wrong.” He said plain and simple.

“What?”

“Yeah … Not to mention there’s a hostage.”

“Oh my god Sean!”

“Sean?”

“Yeah, Sean … My boyfriend he owns that restaurant, Oh my god!”

“Come with me.”

“Ok.” I said before he pulled my arm until we reached a van, he quickly opened the back and there were a few people inside typing away on computers and talking on the phone.

“Hey, this woman says her boyfriend owns the restaurant.”

“Yeah, his name is Sean … What’s going on?” I said stomping my foot childishly, he helped me in the van, handed me a chair and started talking.

“The man who tried to rob the restaurants while your boyfriend was closing is now holding him hostage, he’s armed and dangerous and we don’t want to move too fast because as of 20 minutes ago your boyfriend has been caught. When he called 911 he was hiding from the man.”

“Okay, so you’re just going to stand there and wait while--” The police officer held up the palm of his hand up for me to stop talking, my eyes widened and head went back.

“He’s been captured and the hostage is on his way out.”

“On the way out … Sean!” I smiled jumping out of the van and running past the crowds, under the yellow tape and into Sean’s arm. I held onto him tight and he chuckled lightly.

“I can’t breathe Elle.”

“I don’t care; I’m going to kill you anyway.”

“Why?” He said as the police tried using the jaws of life to pull me off of him. He just held onto me tighter waiting for my answer. I sniffled a few times and chuckled.

“Because … I’m still starving …”