One of those days [Elle Varner Fan Fiction] Chapter 16.

Chapter 16.

“I don’t want to talk to you.”

“Please? We can have breakfast…?“

“I guess.” Sean smiled and grabbed my hand, helping me down the steps before we started walking down the street towards the diner.

“So, how was the extra two weeks in LA?”

“Great, I wrote a lot of new songs. And I may even have a mixtape coming out … I’m still not sure.“

“That’s good, I know it doesn’t seem like it. But I’m proud of you Elle.”

“Your right about that. It doesn’t seem like it, it really did seem like you were Jealous.”

“If you give me time to explain I will…”

“Well, explain now…” I said sticking my hands in my pocket and turning to him. We both stopped walking and stood in the middle of the side walk.

“Okay, first … What do you see?”

“The same diner I’ve been going to for the past 3 years…”

“Other than that…”

“Umm…”

“Come on Elle, look closer…”

“Come on Sean … I don’t want to play this game anymore.” He laughed and plied my arms uncrossed from my chest, I sighed and let my head hang to the side. Squinting harder.

“Look closer…”

“Okay … So I see the name of the diner, and owned by … My mouth dropped ... Sean?”

“That’s why I had to leave LA, Elle. Baby … I own this place now, I was really close to the owner and manager he basically saw me as a son, unfortunantly he passed away the day of your video shoot and I had to get back, last week I was drowned in paper work and at the end of it all this place became mine.”

“I’m so sorry for being mad at you.”

“It’s okay, just give me a hug and kiss and I’ll forget about it.” He said faking hurt. I smiled and did just that. Afterwards pulling out the hug and grabbing his hand.

“So what’s next?”

“I have a re-grand opening, fix up the place, and do all that…”

“How can I help?”

“You can just help by supporting me. And I will support you.” I smiled and hugged him again.

“I can do that…”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” He grabbed my hands and kissed my lips again.

“I have question…”

“Okay, go ahead and ask.” He licked his lips and sighed before digging in his pocket and kneeling down.

“Elle--”

“Oh god…”

“Elle Varner … Will you marry me?”

“Sean … I don’t know what to say … Were in the middle of New York and your kneeling down on the sideway … With a ring.”

“What do you say?”

“I – Can I think about it?” He stood up from the ground and stared at me confused.

“Um, su—sure … If you want.”

“Okay … I’ll think about it … I got to go.” I said backing away, I began to speed walk down the street, out of breath and nervous, after I was a block away I turned around hoping Sean wasn’t following me the whole time.

I loved Sean, I really did but for some reason I couldn’t see myself marrying him, not right now. I felt like I needed closure. I needed to talk to Regan and finish things with her…

*

“He purposed?”

“Yeah!”

“And you said you’ll think about it?”

“Yes!” I said annoyed.

“How long have you two been dating?”

“9 months.” Kory shook her head and sat down in the chair with her ice cream as Kyra continued to yell questions from the kitchen.

“Man, I like Sean … He gives me free chicken sandwiches, but marriage? Elle yor career is just now taking off, you just did a video with J freaking Cole … and he owns his whole business now, do you really think marriage is the right choice?”

“I don’t know, that’s why I called you two over.”

“I say wait … Some people stay engaged for years before they finally get married.” Kyra said sitting down next to me. They both had a point.

“I still don’t know. I want to talk to Regan…”

“Why?” The said in unison as if they were discusted.

“When she came to my video set she was upset, thinking I came to LA on purpose, I have to prove to her I didn’t and show her that Sean is happy with me.”

“Girl forget her!”

“Yeah I’d listen to Kyra if I were you.”

“I can’t forget her … I have to do this.” The twins shook their head as I pulled out my phone.

“You’re making a big mistake EV…”