Chapter Two

The light sound of tapping sounded in the kitchen while Minerva was attempted to get in some leisure reading in before the term began. She knew she wouldn't have much time to herself, balancing her multiple classes, new students, and still being there for Milo as needed. Luckily, during the school year, she didn't have to worry too much as Milo was in the dorms of the castle, however, this year was going to be a new year for the boy. His brother would be attending and Milo was anxious and excited, as she would expect him to be. She was quite anxious herself about the two meeting as well. The two brothers had not seen each other in over a decade's time and they were too young during their last time together to remember anything about each other. 

Not that it would matter much, over ten years was plenty of time for both of them to change plenty, so they had no idea what the other one was like. Minerva wasn't even sure if Harry was aware that he had a brother, she had a feeling that settled deep in her stomach that Harry didn't have the slightest clue of what was awaiting him once he received his letter of acceptance. She had thought about being the one to deliver the letter herself, she wanted to talk to the boy, perhaps bring Milo along, but it would probably be so overwhelming to young Harry that she couldn't bring herself to do it. For now, it was her best bet to be there for Milo and be there for Harry when the time came. 

Glancing up from her book, she spotted Milo tapping his wand against the table as a form of amusement as he read to himself across the way. She cleared her throat to get him to stop but Milo didn't even glance up from his reading, completely ignoring her warning sound.

"What would Gregorovitch or Ollivander say if they saw you treating a wand in such a manner?" She questioned, loud enough for the boy to hear her that time. "Have you completely forgotten elementary wand-safety over the summer?"

Milo's wand nearly dropped from his fingers as the boy's face turned red at the woman's words. He quickly set it down gently beside his book and looked up at her, flashing her a grin that she had seen too many times before. Even before the boy's birth, Minerva had witnessed the grin, whenever she caught James Potter doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing, which was certainly quite often. 

"Well, Gregorovitch would probably say nothing or he would encourage it because it's an Ollivander wand and not one of his own. But Ollivander, I'm sure I would get an ear load for it," Milo told her.

***

There weren't too many children that could claim that they had met two of the greatest wandmakers in the world, normally, they met one or the other. But Milo had the pleasure of meeting both as Gregorovitch ran a shop in Hogsmeade that he often came to visit to check on business or when he brought in a new order of wands. He had come into the Three Broomsticks when Milo was only eight years of age and took a liking to the boy when Milo began asking him a million different questions when it came to wand making. He even offered to help Milo find his wand when it came time for the boy to start up at Hogwarts, however, it never happened.

Minerva had received her wand from Ollivander's when she was just a girl and her brothers had done the same when they became of age, making it a family tradition to get their wands from the same wandmaker. Not only that but Milo's parents had purchased their wands from Ollivander and she wanted him to share in a similar experience. She decided when Milo turned eleven that it would be the best place for him to go as well. Of course, when Greogovitch heard about Milo getting his wand from Ollivander, he wasn't offended, but he certainly did tease Milo a great deal, claiming he could have had a better wand.

But all joking aside, Milo didn't agree because he loved his wand dearly, as it had taken quite a bit of time to find the right one. It had been a wonderful trip for both Minerva and Milo, although it didn't start off as such. Minerva couldn't help but feel awkward as Garrick Ollivander began discussing the wands of Lily and James Potter, wondering if the child would hold a similar wand to either one of his parents. It was a reminder that Milo was not her biological son, no matter how many times he had called her mother over the years. No matter how much she raised him as she would if she had been the one given birth to him, she knew that she was not his mother, that Lily would always be his mother.