Chapter Twenty

Milo stayed true to his word of not bothering Harry anymore, he didn't approach the boy, nor did he even bother to look in Harry's direction. Instead, he kept to himself and his friends whenever Harry was near, not even a single wave towards the boy. It certainly left Harry confused, it seemed that was all Harry ever felt since the night Milo showed up when they were supposed to be meeting Malfoy for the duel. He didn't expect his brother to show up and even though Milo had shown up to scold them, it still showed that no matter how Harry acted towards him, Milo was going to keep trying. 

But now, Harry had to wonder if his brother had officially given up and if he was tired of trying to get Harry to bond with him. Hermione had tried, setting up a meeting at the library for all of them to sit and work. Initially, it did sound like a good idea, it wasn't Milo and Harry hanging out alone, they would still be in the company of Hermione and Ron. However, Harry psyched himself out with the idea that perhaps too much damage had been done, especially on his behalf. He didn't expect Milo to come, especially after the boy had yelled at him and Ron for treating Hermione poorly.

When Ron had offered to practice for the upcoming quidditch match, Harry took the first opportunity to escape the library meeting. He wasn't ready to face Milo just yet, for some reason, he was suddenly concerned with being a disappointment to his older brother. Milo was popular in the school, there was no concealing how students greeted him in the corridors and how other professors with the exception of Professor Snape always managed to smile in his direction. Milo had made friends with people in all four houses, while Harry was pretty limited to Gryffindor. Unfortunately, he had made some enemies without really trying, already having to deal with Draco and the goons that followed him around. 

Milo had grown up in the wizarding world, living with Professor McGonagall who he saw as his mother. It had left him quite skilled with his own magic, something Harry had heard from Hermione as she informed a couple of other students of Milo being able to recite several of the textbooks. So there Harry was, expected to walk in the footsteps of his parents and his brother, who were well-known and well-liked. 

Harry felt inferior to his brother, but he didn't understand that Milo felt inferior to him. After all, Harry wasn't aware that Milo was struggling to figure out where he belonged within the family either. He didn't look like their parents and he hadn't been sorted into Gryffindor, like Harry. He wasn't the Boy-Who-Lived either which gained Harry popularity among other students and even adults without Harry doing anything. 

The two boys wanted what the other had, but Harry was the one who hadn't realized yet that he could have so much more in his life if he just allowed Milo into his life. 

On the cold November morning when the first quidditch match of the season was taking place, Harry found himself awake and in the Great Hall. Despite all sorts of breakfast foods being laid out before him, Harry didn't find himself very hungry as his appetite was ridden with nerves. It was the first match and not only that, it was Gryffindor versus Slytherin. The two biggest rival houses in the castle were matched, leaving more pressure on the young Seeker's shoulders. It didn't help either that everyone was trying to get him to eat either when he just wanted to be left alone with his thoughts for a bit.

"You've got to eat some breakfast," Hermione told him as she shot a worried look across the way at the boy.

"I don't want anything," Harry answered honestly. He would have killed for any of the food before him back when he was at the Dursleys, but for the time being, nothing was calling him to eat. 

"Just a bit of toast," Hermione was attempting to mother him apparently as she moved a plate with just a single slice of toast on it towards him.

"I'm not hungry." He pushed it away with an annoyed tone to his voice, hoping that Hermione would just drop it and leave him be.