Chapter Nine

Milo could not spend as much time with his mother as he wanted and it seemed his mother was faced with the same dilemma as Minerva really didn't want to let him go from the hug. However, she had a job to perform and Milo had to head into the Great Hall to join others at his table before the Sorting Ceremony began. Katie decided to give him a hug before having to depart to the Gryffindor table while Milo had to sit with the Hufflepuffs. He found it odd that during meals such as breakfast and lunch that he could sit at any table he wished to, in fact, it was encouraged, but during dinner, students had to sit at their house table. He figured it was fine during important matters such as the Start-of-Term feast and other events, but did it honestly matter during other days of the year?

But it wasn't like Milo was going to find himself alone, as soon as he sat at the Hufflepuff table, he found himself in the company of Maxine and Heidi, as the girls sat on either side of him. He was greeted by Cedric down the way, who offered a smile and a wave.

"Thinking about trying out this year for Quidditch?" He asked Milo. "I think we could use a player like yourself. You have quidditch in your blood. I know a certain captain that would appreciate you joining."

"Yeah, we also know a certain player who would sell his mother to get you to play as well," Heidi added with a grin, bringing Cedric to stick his tongue out at her.

Cedric had been one of the first to figure that out as he had discovered the name of James Potter in the trophy room, not to mention, the boy was raised by Minerva McGonagall, who had been an excellent quidditch player until her seventh year when she had taken a nasty fall that had left her a bit shaken. Of course, Cedric was not the only one who had learned about it, Oliver Wood, a Gryffindor, who was obsessed with quidditch had hoped that Milo would have been sorted into Gryffindor so they could play together. 

Truth be told, Milo hadn't given quidditch much of a thought besides attending matches his first year. He enjoyed it as much as he did because his mother enjoyed it as well. She was extremely passionate when it came to the sport and over recent times with Gryffindor getting slaughtered, he could see her frustrations building. If Gryffindor didn't start getting it together, then he pictured his mother dusting off her old broom and taking to the skies again, to show what a true quidditch player looked like.

Last year, he had been too young to join the quidditch team, only students that were in their second year and above could try out, but he swore his mother was going to try and make an exception if he actually decided he wanted to play. Cedric had made it a point to ask, hoping that Milo would join the team during his second year so the Hufflepuff team could get rolling. 

The problem was, Milo had watched plenty of matches and he had done extremely well during Flying Class, but he had never played an actual game of quidditch. All these people held high expectations that he could play but he wasn't sure if he could. Sure, he had a nice balance on a broomstick but would that hold if he had a bludger coming at his face? He wasn't so sure. It certainly didn't help that all of his friends either played on quidditch teams, were obsessed with quidditch, or both. 

"We'll see, Cedric, this year is going to be busy, you know/ I have to see if I have time-"

"You're a second!" Cedric interjected. "You'll have plenty of time and if you're nervous about playing, we can practice out on the pitch one on one."

"I now pronounce you husband and husband," Heidi shook her head at Cedric, who was beginning to sound worse than Oliver Wood. "Merlin, Cedric, give it a rest, the term hasn't even started yet. I'm sure if Milo wants to show up to try-outs that he will on his own."

The older boy turned away as one of his friends tapped his shoulder in greeting, distracting Cedric from the previous conversation. Milo gave Heidi a playful nudge before telling her to be nicer to Cedric.