Chapter Nineteen

Minerva was directing several students in the appropriate direction of the Ravenclaw house after she had found them wandering far too close to the designated and restricted corridors. They came up with the poor excuse that they were only first years and had gotten turn around, but she didn't believe it for a second. She hoped their story-telling skills would develop during their time surrounded by the older Ravenclaws or they would find themselves in plenty of trouble later on. At least the Weasley twins had come up with consistent stories as if they rehearsed them into the early hours of the morning in case they were caught. 

A smile played on her lips as she remembered all the times where Milo was put on the spot after being caught, he was getting better but he usually sold himself out within the first few seconds even if he wasn't in trouble, to begin with. There was a time where she had been the same but she developed her own tactics during her time in school where she easily outshined the twins if she ever wished to challenge them. 

She was heading back in the direction of her office to make mental note of the Ravenclaw students to keep an eye on them but before she could, she found arms wrapping themselves around her waist and holding her in place. Bewildered, she quickly tried to turn around, only to nearly fall when she spotted Milo looking up at her with a sheepish grin on his face. He was practically hopping in place with excitement, she had to wonder what had caused the boy to be so happy. 

"Milo, what has gotten into you?" Minerva questioned, trying to keep her eyes focused but she found herself becoming dizzy by his rapid movement. "And please, stay still for just a couple of minutes."

"Oh, sorry," he said, the smile not leaving his face. "Guess what, Mum?"

"Milo, you know very well that I do not partake in guessing games if you wish to tell me-"

"Harry invited me to spend time studying with him in the library!" Milo blurted out before his mother could finish her sentence. Apparently, the guessing game was not going to last very long, to begin with. However, Minerva couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face that matched her son's. Now she could understand why he couldn't remain still, it was probably a mixture of excitement and nerves taking over. 

"When did he do that?" 

"Well, he didn't invite me face to face, but Hermione told me that he wanted me to come so that's good, right?"

The nerves seemed to leave Milo momentarily and suddenly began to plague Minerva as she learned that the extended invitation hadn't come from Harry himself, but one of his friends. It didn't settle well in her mind, nor in her stomach as she suddenly felt it turning. But she didn't have the heart to say anything to Milo right away as he seemed so pleased. Perhaps it was her own paranoid state of being right the first time that she hoped that she wasn't right the second time.

She felt as though it was her motherly duty to warn Milo about the possibility that Hermione was just extending an invitation in Harry's name to be nice but she didn't get the chance to say anything as she turned back to Milo to find that he was gone. 

"Milo?"

"What should I wear?" 

Cedric glanced over from where he was resting on Milo's bed after being called to the boy's dorm when Milo told him he had good news. He certainly wasn't expecting to here that Milo was going to be hanging out with his brother that evening, he had been hoping that they could have gone out to the quidditch pitch while the weather wasn't particularly freezing. 

"Milo, this isn't a date. You're going to go study, with your brother and his friends, who cares what you wear?"

"My mother always said you have to make a good first impression and attire matters in those respects," Milo told him before turning to face him with his robes draped over his shoulder.