Chapter Twenty-Six

Despite the fact that Gryffindor had won and Hufflepuff had lost, the team was fully prepared to have a celebration to welcome the new team and congratulate them on a job well. Even though Harry had caught the Snitch in record time, it didn't mean that they hadn't put up a good game. Milo had finally gotten over his nerves, enough that he could snatch the quaffle away from his friends and play a fair game. His teammates weren't sure if he would have been able to do that since he always enjoyed his friends' company and never wanted them to be upset. But Milo was proud of himself, along with his friends, but more importantly to him, his mother was proud.

Minvera should have been celebrating the match win with her own house, after all, she was the Head of Gryffindor, but she was a mother first. She had made her way down from the faculty stands and found Milo, wrapping him in a hug after Cedric placed the boy down on his feet. There were rare moments where his mother "let her hair down" and it seemed he was a witness to one of those moments as she continued to praise him for an excellent job. No one made mention that Milo had technically fouled by shoving Wood through the goal, the rest of his maneuvering had been perfect and he had shown true potential to continue on as a Chaser to be reckoned with.

For Minerva, she could only think back to the time where she had forced James Potter onto the quidditch team in order to keep the boy out of trouble during his second year. At first, the boy had protested, knowing that practices and matches would take away time from his friends, but eventually, he fell in love with the sport and lo and behold, James Potter had some extreme talent. Something that he obviously passed down to his boys, normally a Chaser and a stand-in Seeker when the time called for it, it seemed his sons were fully prepared to carry on his legacy. 

What Milo lacked compared to his father was confidence, it seemed he took after his mother, Lily in a lot of ways with a humble personality, willing to show kindness and help everyone he came across. Harry had taken the aspect of James when it came to be very protective over his friends and willing to stand up for them. It was funny how little time the boys had been able to spend with their parents but how much they acted like them without knowing. 

As the Hufflepuffs went back to the Common Room to enjoy the rest of their day, Milo was heading back with them when he heard his name being called. He turned around to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione standing at the end of the corridor, waiting for him to acknowledge them. He glanced around, slipping away from his own friends before heading back in the direction.

"Congrats, 'Arry! You were-" Before he could go any further, the three covered his mouth and pulled him into an empty classroom. They made sure that Peeves was nowhere in sight before they removed their hands from his mouth. However, Paden the Guard Bowtruckle, did not like the fact that they had covered his mouth, taking to biting Ron's finger hard.

"Ow! Your hair bit me!" Ron said with a bewildered expression as he stared at Milo. The boy couldn't help but laugh before he lifted his hand gently and allowed Paden to crawl into it.

"It's not my hair, it was Paden. Sorry, you invaded his territory, he's not very fond of that. What has gotten into you three anyways?" Milo questioned as he looked at them. But Ron and Hermione didn't seem to know either as they turned to Harry wondering the same thing. 

Harry turned to his friends before his eyes turned directly to Milo with a concerned look. "After the match, I saw Professor Snape heading into the forest. I decided to follow him and he met up with Professor Quirrell. They were talking about the Philosopher's Stone! He asked Quirrell if he figured out how to get by the Hagrid's beast-"

"Fluffy?" Milo repeated. "Snape wants Quirrell to figure out a way past Fluffy?"

Harry nodded. "He was threatening him, saying Quirrell didn't want him as an enemy...So we were right, it is the Philosopher's Stone, and Snape's trying to force Quirrell to help him get it. He asked if he knew how to get past Fluffy—and he said something about Quirrell's 'hocus-pocus'—I reckon there are other things guarding the Stone apart from Fluffy, loads of enchantments, probably, and Quirrell would have done some anti-Dark Arts spell that Snape needs to break through—"