Chapter Twenty-One

While Milo had wanted to go unnoticed at the quidditch match, he couldn't help himself as he cheered on his brother and he felt the strongest urge to just go up to his brother and congratulate him. He looked at his mother, unsure of what to do in that moment as people crowded to the pitch to offer their congratulations on a good match. Minerva could see the nerves on her son's face as he seemed awfully torn. Over the recent weeks, since the term began, Harry had shown no interest in pursuing a family relationship with his brother. In fact, Milo was closer to other first year students than his own biological brother.

There wasn't a right answer when it came to the situation but it seemed that Milo was looking to her for permission to approach Harry. It was his own decision to make and it was obvious that he wanted to approach Harry, he didn't need her permission. It was something that brothers had to mend on their own. She gave a nod of her head, encouraging him to do what he wanted in that moment. In a matter of seconds, Milo was making his way to the pitch.

Making his way through the crowds, Milo tried to reach Harry but of course, the Gryffindor students were in an uproar and his own friends were greeting him. The twins were cheering, happy to win their first match of the season, especially against Slytherin. Milo swore he heard Oliver thanking the quidditch gods, before he felt a heavy hand settle on his shoulder, nearly knocking him down.

"Milo!" Hagrid's voice boomed in greeting. "Good ter' see yeh! Been keepin' out o' trouble?"

"If I said yes, that would be a lie, Hagrid," Milo smiled at him, " but I haven't been getting into too much trouble. Wouldn't want to put that stress on my mum, she's had her hands full this year as it is."

"That's sweet o' you, Milo."

Hagrid was aware of the strain between the brothers, Minerva had confided in Dumbledore and Dumbledore had confided in Hagrid, in hopes of helping the two bond. He saw the opportunity and Milo found himself invited to join him at the hut for a cup of tea, along with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. It sounded great in Milo's head but he wasn't sure how Harry was going to feel if he just showed up. He didn't bother to go to the library when he knew that Milo was coming, he didn't think Harry was going to be happy.

Hagrid could see the hesitation and reassured Milo that everything was going to be just fine. Before he could follow, Fred and George lifted Milo up while Lee came to join in the celebration after calling out the results repeatedly until Minerva kicked him out of the commentator's box. 

"Wait, wait," Milo called to the twins as he rested on their shoulders, " I have to go-"

"Go?! Where are you going, Milo?" George asked. "The celebration is taking place right here."

Milo scrambled down from them and stood up before he began to fix his shirt. "We'll celebrate later!" He told them before he ran off in the direction of Hagrid's hut.

He arrived shortly after Hagrid had settled the three first years down for tea but he stood outside the door for a few extra moments, before he finally knocked. Hagrid welcomed him in but Milo didn't walk in right away as he saw Harry sitting around the large table in the small kitchen. He went to turn around and leave but Hagrid grabbed him by the shoulder and guided him inside the hut.

Immediately, Fang stirred from his sleep and made his way over to the boy. "Fang!" Milo greeted happily to see the large boarhound. "I haven't had the chance to see you much this term!"

The boy sat on the floor, rather than taking the empty seat at the table, allowing Fang to sit over his lap and drool happily. 

When he looked up, he saw that all eyes were on him, including Harry's.