Chapter Twenty-Nine

Saturday evening had been completely terrible for Milo, he had never been so upset and disappointed with himself, mainly because he couldn't get the image out of his head of how his mother looked at him. He always did what he was supposed to do in order to make her happy and because he always wanted her to be proud of him, but the previous night had ended on a horrible note. She had sent them off to bed and when Milo returned to the Hufflepuff dorms, he crawled into bed and just laid there with a blank expression. He had gotten into trouble before but there was something about the way she had scolded him that told Milo, it wasn't just something she was going to let slide.

He also felt bad for Harry, Hermione, and Neville as they had cost Gryffindor 150 points, leaving them in the last place for the house cup. Milo wasn't met with much scrutiny for costing the Hufflepuff house 50 points, if anything, everyone seemed more than curious as to why Milo was sneaking out late at night. But Milo didn't say anything when his friends asked about it at breakfast. Instead, he just stared at a plate of eggs until they grew cold and he pushed them away.

"Come on, Milo, it's not that bad," Heidi told him, as she looked to the others at the table for help. "I mean, you lost some house points, nothing new there...I lost five house points the other day in Potions for pretty much breathing. It's not like anyone cares like the Gryffindors....they're a group that can hold a grudge."

It was true, the Gryffindors had condemned Harry, Hermione, and Neville to silence, ignoring them as if they didn't exist at all.

"Heidi's right, Milo," Cedric butted in," I mean, we were pretty far behind this year to pull a win, so it's not like the fifty points were detrimental. And no one is angry with you-"

"You say that," Milo muttered, "but you didn't see the way my mother looked at me last night."

The little sleep that Milo did get was plagued by nightmares, one that included Minerva being so furious with the boy that she revoked her guardianship and sent him to live with the Dursleys. He was terrified that the nightmare would become a reality, even though it was completely foolish to think of such a thing. 

"She's going to send me away, I just know it," Milo said pulling at his hair. Paden attempted to get him to stop clawing at the boy's hands and even biting them, but Milo ignored it and continued to stress. Eventually, Heidi, Max, and Cedric had no other choice but to stand up from their seats and fight Milo to stop before he hurt himself. Heidi and Max got one hand down while Cedric worked on getting the other. They managed to get them both down, pinning his hands against the table.

"Milo, your mother is not going to send you away," Cedric told him, "what would make you think she would do that? You're her son!"

"But I made a mistake," Milo managed to get out. "A big one...I shouldn't have done it, I shouldn't have taken part in any of it."

His state of panic was escalating quickly as they couldn't get him to calm down. He was entering a full panic attack as his own mind decided to betray him with terrible thoughts. They weren't sure what to do as the boy started to try and hold his breath before he began to cry. 

"Cedric, help him!" Heidi and Max called to him, making Cedric look at them with an incredulous look.

"HOW!?"

From the sudden commotion, Katie had made her way over from the Gryffindor table to find the boy experiencing the feeling of fear and trepidation, but rather than trying to hold him down, the girl made her way to find Professor McGonagall. 

When Minerva was summoned to the Great Hall, she wasn't sure what to expect. The only information she had been given by Katie Bell was that Milo was upset. It suddenly brought the woman to believe that perhaps her wording with Milo had been too harsh for the boy to handle. While he often wore a smile and was normally fine to be around, there were his moments where hardly anyone could get through to him. His mind was powerful as a resourceful tool to aid him, but at the same time, it could and would wreak havoc on young Milo.