Chapter Five

There was absolutely no struggle waking up on Milo's behalf on the morning of September 1st, as the boy had been up since the crack of dawn, hardly able to sleep for a whole hour. He was too excited and at the same time, he was extremely nervous. He couldn't wait to see Harry after all the years that they had been apart, but he was nervous about the idea of Harry feeling the same way. His mother had warned him, there would be the possibility that Harry would be upset with him. It certainly wasn't Milo's fault, at two years old, it wasn't like he had the choice of making executive decisions for his brother or even for himself. The adults were the ones who had made the arrangements for the Potter siblings and it was unfortunate that they had to be separated. 

But there was hope and Milo had to hold onto that. As he had told his mother the night before, if he didn't at last try, he would never know what the reaction would be. It would be better to get a head start on trying to talk to Harry before they arrived at the school. It would be chaotic from that point on, Milo certainly remembered all the craziness from his first year, trying to adjust to living in the castle. He couldn't leave the castle grounds and return to Hogsmeade as he wished, even though his home was there. It was odd to have so many restrictions all of a sudden. 

It was also sort of awkward for Milo in the beginning as it didn't take long for people to learn who his mother was. He had no problem having a professor for a mother, but others saw that as slightly intimidating as they didn't want to get in trouble. For the first few weeks, most of his peers tiptoed around him, even though he really didn't have intentions of getting any of them in trouble with his mother. He didn't even like getting into trouble with Minerva, why would he wish it upon anyone else?

However, there were two students who saw Milo as an opportunity and as a challenge. Milo met Fred and George Weasley early on when showing up to his mother's office one afternoon. The boys were receiving detention after causing the toilets in the boy's lavatory to overflow with bubbles. Milo wouldn't admit it in front of his mother but he found it to be hilarious and admired how the two could come up with such ideas. The twins saw the perfect opportunity with Minerva's son, how perfect would it be to take him under their wing? 

A professor's son wreaking havoc.

It just seemed too beautiful and the best part was, Milo, radiated innocence. He looked like the perfect goody-two-shoe boy that would never be up to no good. But what the twins were unaware of and Minerva knew all too well was who Milo had originated from. The son of James Potter, a boy who had caused hell in Hogwarts along with Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew during their time in school. The Weasley Twins had accomplished a great deal in their pranking but they still had a lot to do if they wanted to come close to the level of the four boys. Not that Minerva was asking them to do so. 

She was aware that Milo had the potential to walk in the same footsteps of his father, even if the boy wasn't sorted into Gryffindor. Already, the messy hair and the cheeky attitude that she saw from time to time, it greatly resembled James. But even Minerva knew that she couldn't take full credit for how smart Milo was either. Lily Evans had been a wonderful student always putting the effort and time into her coursework as needed, but James, as surprising as it was, he was one of the top students in class. The boys had been terrible pains but there was no denying that they were smart. It would be her luck truly if Milo followed the same path.

At first though, Milo didn't seem to hold any interest in getting trouble. Probably fearing that his mother was going to hold it against him more than the other two boys, so he avoided the Weasley twins as much as possible. But Fred and George were not the types that allowed others to ignore them. Eventually, Milo decided to give in and give the boys a chance to be friends, what harm was there in having friends, it was something Milo desperately wanted. To interact with other children his age, no offense to the adults of Hogsmeade that he spent so much time with, but he did want to hang out with other children.