Chapter Thirty-One

As Milo hung off of Hagrid's massive shoulder, he found his back still aching with pain from where he had landed, but it began to subside eventually. As he lifted his head up and groaned as his body ached, he saw that Hermione and Neville were following closely behind Hagrid. They seemed to make note that he was awake and both of them appeared extremely happy to see him moving about.

"A'right there, Milo?" Hagrid asked him as he came to a halt. Milo nodded with a faint "yes" before Hagrid set him down on his feet. He wanted to see if the boy could walk properly and after Milo stretched out his back, he seemed to be a lot better.

"Milo, I'm so sorry!" Neville said approaching him. "I honestly didn't mean it, I thought-"

"Neville, it's alright," Milo said, doing his best to conceal the rest of his pain as he forced a smile onto his face. "You had a pretty solid hit right there, that's not a bad thing. Your enemies should forever be worried. Where's Harry?"

As he reassured Neville that he was fine, he made dual note that his brother was missing among the group, along with Draco and Fang. His worst thought of Harry being paired up with someone like Draco brewed worry in the pit of his stomach. Draco had been the cause for Neville to become frightened and hurt him by accident, he was sure that he would probably take the opportunity to try and torment Harry just as much. 

"He's with Draco and Fang," Hermione informed him that his suspicions were correct, leaving Milo to frown as he turned to Hagrid.

"I'm not one to question authority, Hagrid, but I don't think that was a very good idea. Draco was the whole reason I got hurt in the first place, he's a liability. I don't want my brother or Fang getting hurt because he's too immature to handle himself out in the Forbidden Forest."

It grew quiet for a moment as Hagrid looked down at the young boy who appeared to be scolding him in the darkness of the forest. "Blimey, Milo, sounded jus' like yer mother there fer a second!"

 The man clapped his hand over his chest with a relieved look that it wasn't McGonagall standing in front of him. While it was important to find the injured unicorn, it was more important to keep the students safe, leaving Hagrid no choice but to consider going back for Harry and Draco, along with his dog. However, before they could even move, they heard a shrill scream of the night.

"What was that?!" Neville cried out. "Sounded like a banshee!"

"Sounded more like a frightened little boy," Milo told him, " Draco to be exact. They might have come across something, come on!"

As they hurried off in the direction of the scream it didn't take them long to come upon Fang and Draco. Both of them were running equally as fast, but there was no sign of Harry with them, leaving Milo nervous. Without hesitation, fearful that Draco had caused Harry to get hurt, the second year grabbed the Slytherin boy by the front of his robes and shoved him against the nearest tree trunk.

"Where's my brother?"

"Probably back there with whatever that thing was! It was drinking from the unicorn! We saw it! I wasn't sticking around to find out what it was, Potter!"

Milo dropped the boy to the ground, bring Draco to fall into a pile of leaves before he turned away and pushed back his hair. He didn't like the fact that his brother didn't come running and they needed to get out of there. Something drinking a unicorn's blood, nothing good came of that. Unicorns were sacred creatures and especially strong, whatever took it down was incredibly strong and took it down with purpose.

Hagrid seemed to make note of that as well and instructed the children to stand around him for protection if anything was heading their way. But there were the sounds of hooves in the distance leaving Hermione curious as she ran forward.