Batgirl: Break the code (part two)

Part two: A Robin Turns Into A Bee

Gotham Academy

The school bell rang when the fifth period was over and Kara started packing her stuff in her black backpack. She could hear the gossips her classmates were bickering about and it was very irritating for her. It was like they never had a reason to keep their mouths shut for once.

"Oh my gosh! KMG posted a new photo this morning!"

"She must be so beautiful in person!"

"I heard she doesn't use filters on any of her photos!"

Kara chuckled lightly, gripping her backpack a little tighter.

|The school was never my favourite venue, but I had no choice. Dad was a good friend of Batman and Batman was a "good friend" of Bruce Wayne. And guess who KMG is?|

She walked out of the classroom and went to the cafeteria to buy her lunch. To be honest, she'd rather starve to death than go there, but all those investigations made her crave for food.

|I love food, FYI. But, the students... not so much.|

She bought her food and grabbed the tray from the rack below her. Kara did her best to walk out of the cafeteria without anyone noticing, but luck was never on her side. A popular girl, Tiffany, marched towards her and dumped Kara's own food on her. The cafeteria went silent. Tiffany was smirking, twirling a strand of blonde hair with her pale finger.

The cafeteria bursted into laughter and everyone was pointing at Kara like she's a circus clown. Lasagña stained her uniform and she was glad that she bought water instead of juice because her hair would be all sticky if she did. The rest of her food were laying on the floor in between her and Tiffany.

|I don't really get it. The staff was too afraid to report this to the principal. It wasn't like I want them to, but that wasn't really fair.|

She silently left the scene and went to the bathroom to clean up.

|This is just how life is. My sister was famous when she studied here at Gotham Academy. The students were afraid that I'll be as popular as her and bullied me.|

It was a good thing that she brought a fresh set of Gotham Academy's uniform. It was very handy to her.

Once she finished cleaning herself up, she went to the library and decided to just read more about codes. It helps her on her....extra activities, especially at this time when there's an unknown threat roaming around Gotham. It was good that they allow them to use gadgets because almost every case file is in Kara's holographic bracelets. The bracelets were made by Wonder Woman herself. She said that she "deserve" it and Kara should keep it safe at all times.

|It was a "wonder" how she trusted me on these very important bracelets.|

She rubbed her left Amazon bracelet and a hologram appeared in front of her along with a digital keyboard. Kara started researching about the recent news about Gotham City attacks. Many of them were caused by those men in silver masks.

Just when Kara was about to open another file, someone cleared their throat. She looked up and saw the one and only, Damian Wayne. He was looking at the hologram and the stack of books about codes. Kara was shocked that he came to see her, but she acted fast and closed her hologram.

|That was the first time I saw Robin out of his uniform. Well, not really the first time. I saw him since we were ten, when he started going here. But this is the first time he approached me.|

"What do you want?" Kara asked rudely. Damian was taken aback by her tone. He suspected her since he saw her attend the academy. He observed her. He knew that she would always go to the library to study more about computers and codes, the students bullying her, everything.

"I wanted to know if you're alright? I saw what Tiffany did earlier at the cafeteria." He said, scratching the back of his neck. He wasn't lying, he was concerned about her and her condition. Damian knew what it feels like to be left in the shadows, get humiliated in front of everyone.

Kara, however was shocked that the Damian Wayne was concerned.

|Bruce told me he never really showed any affection to other people.|

"I'm fine, leave me alone." She spat, opening a textbook and pretended to read. Damian scoffed quietly. He knew that the girl in front of him was hiding something. Why would she read books about codes? Why would she want to be a hacker? (Even though she's already one) Why would she stay away from people?

"You're not fooling me, Gordon. Who are you?" Damian asked seriously. Kara was pissed and slammed the book shut.

|It's a good thing that the librarian was on break.|

"Who are you, seriously? What kind of question is that?" She said in a very irritated voice, standing up from her seat. She shouldered her bag and grabbed the stack of textbooks.

Kara walked to the aisle of books and started putting the books back in their rightful places. Damian didn't give up. He followed her around like a lost puppy and kept asking her questions that would most likely involve hero life.

|He was seriously getting in my nerves. Just because he's Robin doesn't mean he needs to know everything.|

"I told you, I don't communicate with a vigilantè. Just because my father is somehow close to Batman doesn't mean I am, too." Kara scowled, glaring at Damian. She put the last book in the shelf and started walking out of the library. Damian acted fast and grabbed her wrist, preventing her from taking another step away from him. He turned her around and made her meet his emerald eyes.

Kara was mesmerized by how green Damian's eyes can be. They were the colour of emerald, fascinating.

"I'll ask one more time. Do you have any connections with Oracle or Batman?" He asked quietly and Kara stopped herself from punching the boy's face.

"N-O." She spelled out, yanking her wrist away from Damian's grip. She turned around once more and walked out of the library, leaving Damian even more confused. The black-haired girl intrigued him so much that he was getting even more curious than he already was.

He decided to try next time and walked out of the library as well.

|I didn't realize that, that was the day he changed my life.|