Batgirl: Break the code (part fifty-seven)

Part fifty-seven: Gone

Wayne Manor

|It's been a few days since prom. Things went back to normal, I think.|

Kara took a bite of her lasagña, a pleased smile on her face. The rest of the family sat by the long table along with Commissioner Jim Gordon and Barbara.

As Bruce, Selena, and Jim take some time to talk about the previous events, Kara and the others spent some time getting to know each other even more.

"I love pancakes!" Stephanie giggled.

"We know," Dick groaned.

"You do have a big stack of it on your plate right now." Jason added.

"Hey, it's delicious. I don't see anyone complaining about Kara's platter. It's full of lasagña!" She exclaimed.

Kara lifted an eyebrow at her, wondering what her problem is with her lasagña addiction.

"That's 'cause she's silent about it." Barbara giggled.

"Fine, I'll be silent, too!" Stephanie pouted.

She folded her arms over her chest, dropping her fork on her plate with a stack of pancakes on it.

"You won't last a second." Damian said.

"I will!" Stephanie smirked. "Oh, is that strawberry syrup? Gimme, gimme, gimme!"

Damian shook his head, hiding a chuckle as the rest of them laugh at Stephanie's childish actions. Kara stayed silent, too deep in her thoughts to know about the commotion. She stared down at her lasagña, eyes not even blinking.

|Is it bad that I just want to lock myself up right now? Maybe something worse than Talia's HQ back at the Philippines?|

Damian noticed her behavior and gently put his fork down his plate of eggs and bacon. He held her hand underneath the table, gently squeezing it to get her attention.

It gladly worked and made Kara look up from her food. She turned her head to Damian's direction, a slightly shocked look on her face.

"W-what?" She asked.

"Are you alright? You're acting weird." He said.

His voice was full of concern, his eyes searching for any sign of hurt from her face. Smiling, Kara squeezed his hand and pulled it away gently.

"I'm fine," she said.

She stood up from her seat and put the table napkin beside her plate.

"Kara, my dear. Is something wrong?" Jim asked.

Everyone turned to look at her, eyes focused on her and only her. She tried pulling a smile, but they can all see that there was something wrong.

"N-no, it's cool. Just continue eating breakfast. I'll be in my room." She said.

|Ever since Damian and I have been in good terms, he reserved a room across from him and labeled it as my room. It was sweet, but he didn't really have to do that.|

She walked up the steps of the stairs, her eyes watching her feet move lightly.

Back at the dining room, Barbara stood up from her seat and put her napkin down as well.

"I'll go talk to her." She said.

Since she's probably the only one who knows why Kara's acting that way, no one argued with her as she walk out of the kitchen and follow her little sister.

She stood in front of her door, a small sigh escaping her lips as she lift a hand and knocked on her door.

"Kara?" She asked softly.

No one responded.

Barbara bit her lip and knocked again, trying to get Kara to open the door. A few scenarios played in her head as she kept on knocking and knocking. But no one answered the door.

She finally had enough. Taking a bobby pin from her hair, she picked the door knob and easily opened the door. She slowly pushed the door open, only to find the balcony doors open wide and the white curtains flowing.