Batgirl: Break the code (part forty-two)

Part forty-two: Mars And Sleep

Batcave

Kara sat in front of the Bat computer, reading every file with squinting eyes. It was Saturday, so she didn't bother sleeping. She just needed a bar of Mars every now and then. Curtosy of Damian Wayne, of course. She was on her twenty-fourth chocolate bar when Damian walked inside the cave on sweatpants and a black shirt. He was holding his katana, which was in its case.

"How long have you been here, Gordon?" He asked.

Kara ignored him, keeping her eyes on the screen as she chew on her chocolate bar. Damian eyed the growing pile of candy wrappers and sighed.

"I'm guessing no sleep since last night. Can you go rest up?" He asked again.

And again, Kara ignored him. She threw the wrapper on the pile and rest her chin on her palm, her eyes going back and forth as she read. Damian walked towards her and leaned his sword by the desk. He covered her eyes with his hands and smirked.

"I swear, Wayne. If you don't get your hands off my eyes, I'm gonna slice your throat." She threatened.

"Not threatening enough, Gordon." He shrugged.

Kara knew where Damian placed his sword and grabbed it almost immediately. She unsheathed the sword and and turned around, placing the sharp side near Damian's neck, not needing her eyesight.

"Threatening?" She asked.

Damian sighed, lowering the sword as he uncovered her eyes. Kara smirked in victory and gave him his sword back along with its case. Damian scoffed, grabbing it from her. He sheathed it back and looked at the screen.

"Can you just go and rest for once?" He whined.

"Oh, like you rest all the time."

"Hey! I get at least three hours of sleep for the past days! You only have one."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No, Gordon."

"Yes, Wayne."

"Gordon,"

"Wayne,"

"Kara!"

"Damian!"

"You have got to be kidding me!" Damian groaned, rubbing his forehead with his palms. Kara giggled, turning back to the computer. She gladly returned to reading and ignored Damian's presence behind her.

Damian's face lit up when he thought of a brilliant idea. He secretly went behind the computer and looked for the extension.

"Gordon! Close the computer, now. Something's wrong!" He yelled.

Kara, being the gadget lover she is, immediately turned the computer off. Damian snickered, pulling the plug. He stood up with a victorious smirk and walked back to the young Gordon.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing. Now that the computer's off, I'll drop you off to your place and you get some sleep." He simply said.

|I swear I could kill him sometimes.|

Kara had no choice but to follow Damian to his motorcycle and let him bring her home. She was too tired to drive and getting into an accident is something she doesn't want to happen by that time.

"You know I hate you, right?" She yawned.

"Love you, too." Damiam rolled his eyes.

Kara wrapped her arms around his torso and buried her face on his back, getting comfortable. Damian sighed, rubbing her arm as he start the engine.

"You're gonna fall asleep," he said. "Sit in front of me."

Kara groggily got off the motorcycle and sat in front of Damian, his arms on the handles. She leaned against his chest, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Night," she yawned before falling into sleep. Damian carefully started driving out of the Batcave, not wanting Kara to fall while he was driving.

Back upstairs in the Wayne Manor, Barbara and Dick sat by the kitchen counter. Barbara on her laptop and Dick on his phone.

"What do you say if we let Kara to the Teen Titans once summer break comes?" He suggested.

"The Titans? Well, Kara is pretty close to them. It's been a while since they last saw each other." Barbara replied.

She stopped typing and grabbed the black coffee mug beside her. She slowly drank the hot cocoa Alfred prepared for her, not noticing Dick's stare.

"Damian's part of the Titans, too. At least Kara won't be left out." He said.

Barbara nodded in agreement, setting her cup back down to the cold granite. She sighed, turning to look at Dick who was looking at the computer.

"Why is it that our new enemies study at Gotham Academy?" He asked.

"No idea," Barbara sighed. "I just hope Kara won't be too bummed about this."

"Tiffany Bergundy,"

"Peter Klarkson,"

"Zoe Winchester,"

"Valerie Gray,"

"Scarlet Moone,"