Batgirl: Break the code (part forty-nine)

Part forty-nine: A Mother's Love

Batcave

"Let me go." Damian said.

He was currently held by Jason by his cuffed hands. The both of them stood in front of the computer with the rest of the Bat Family.

"No can do, Damian." Jason sighed.

Catwoman, Bruce's fiancè, walked over on her Catwoman uniform and smiled down at Damian. They have been having this mother and son relationship since Selena became Bruce's girlfriend. That was long before Damian knew about Kara. But Selena has been quite busy with a few things, so she didn't really have the time to help them for a few weeks. But now, she's back in Gotham.

"Jason, I can handle Damian for now." She said.

Jason glared at her, knowing that she was a former villain. She turned into a vigilantè for Bruce, which was kind of sweet from Damian's perspective. That's a lot coming from him.

"How should I know? You're a villain." He spat.

Selena calmly smiled at him and rested a hand on Damian's shoulder. He just watched the two of them, wondering if they will actually get along. They have to do it somehow, now that she's Bruce's fiancè.

"Not anymore," she said.

"Just remember that I have a gun behind me. I can kill you in less than a second." Jason threatened.

He let go of Damian's hands and walked away to talk to Cassandra. Selena watched him walk away, a small sigh escaping her lips. She soon looked down at Damian and smiled gently.

"Hey, Damian." She greeted.

"Mother," he nodded.

He has been calling her that since the day he approved of her and his father's relationship. Selena was not as bad as many would think and Damian liked her presence in the manor.

"I heard about your little school boy crush on the commissioner's second daughter. Care to tell me?" She asked.

She led him towards the bench placed in the cave and sat down. Damian repeated her actions, not even bothering to free himself.

"It's not a school boy crush." He said.

"Oh, right. It's an ex-assassin crush, yes?" She asked.

Damian nodded and uncuffed himself. He didn't try to escape. He simply rested his elbows on his legs, his hands gripping his hair.

"Yeah, I guess there's no point hiding it. She's the current Batgirl, older Gordon's little sister. At first, we hate each other. But we slowly started understanding one another and....that's when I started having these feelings for her. Feelings that are new and really hard to describe." He said.

Selena paid her full attention to the son of Batman, taking in all the information she can get. She loves Damian like her own son and she wants to keep their relationship in harmony.

"And I'm guessing you're taking her to homecoming tomorrow?" She asked.

"If we can get her back tonight." He mumbled.

Selena frowned at his tone and pulled him in a gentle hug. Damian didn't hug back, but he accepted her way of comforting him. It made him feel better.

"Don't worry, Damian. We'll get her back, I promise." She whispered.

"But what if she--"

"From what I heard, she can kick your butt. She should be able to handle your mom's wrath for a few hours." She cutted in.

Damian smiled a bit at her choice of words and nodded admittingly.

"Yeah, she's pretty strong for a girl." He said.

"Hey! Don't underestimate girl power!" Selena said playfully.

Damian rolled his eyes and folded his arms over his chest.

|My head hurts so bad. It feels like someone drugged me.|

Mount Apo

On top of the mountain, a heavily guarded faciltiy was built. Guards were in every corner of the place. And in that very building is where Batgirl was held captured.

She was binded with shackles on the wall, her suit torn. Her cowl was off and her hair bloody and wet. She heard the cell door open and blinked lazily.

"You'll pay for this." She said.

Her voice was hoarse and dry. She could barely talk to the person across from her.

"This place is more secured than Belle Reve or Arkham Asylum. I doubt anyone can get pass these walls." Talia said.

"That's what you think." Batgirl scoffed.

She looked up and met Talia's eyes. Strands of her hair were on her wet face, dried blood on her cheeks. Her lips formed a small smirk as she lifted an eyebrow at Damian's mother.

"You were the one who taught Damian everything he knows. Apart from the ones Bruce added in his mind. Now that you think about it, Damian's probably better than you." She said.

Talia stomped towards her and slapped her hard. Her cheek stung, but she didn't even let a peep escape her lips.

"Don't even dare saying that to me, brat. What does my son see in you?" Talia spat.

"Probably something you never taught him." Batgirl playfully shrugged.

"You disgust me."

"Right back at you, Demon lady."