Batgirl: Break the code (part twenty-two)

Part twenty-two: Shopping With A Wayne

Tokyo Market

Kara dragged Damian in every stand in the market, making him try accessories just to make fun of him.

"I look completely ridiculous." Damian said, looking up at the fedora on his head. Heart sunglasses were covering his beautiful emerald orbs. There was a gold chain necklace around his neck.

"Hold on," Kara said, pulling her phone out, which is gold. "Wait."

She grinned, taking a picture of Damian, his face confused.

"Awww," she said. "I never thought that Damian Wayne would ever wear pink sunglasses."

"You," Damian growled, taking off the accessories. "I am so going to kill you in your sleep."

"Try," she said. "I doubt you can even set foot in my hotel room."

"Are you callenging me, Gordon?"

"What if I said yes?"

"Then you better prepare for your funeral."

|Is that the best he got? Honestly, I can do a better job at threatening people than him.|

"Pssh, whatever." She rolled her eyes, walking towards the table full of fake rings and necklaces. Damian sighed, standing beside her.

"Do you know what I learned from fake earrings?" She asked, standing straight. Damian lifted an eyebrow and shook his head.

"It's that no matter how beautiful someone or something may be, they always hide something." She said with a small smile, caressing a pair of gold rose earrings with her thumb. Damian stared at her, wondering why she said that.

"What if there's nothing to hide left?" He asked.

"They can only reveal themselves to someone they trust with their lives," she said. "And that is when true friendship or love is born. If the person still accepts them for who they are."

Damian bit his lip, grabbing her hand. He led her out of the stand and walked past the other stalls, not wanting to waste another time here.

"Where are we going?" She asked, confused. Damian glanced at her and smiled lightly.

"I don't like to see fake things," he said. "What do you say if we go somewhere more, realistic?"

"I'm not rich, Wayne. I can't keep up with your trend." She scoffed. Damian intertwined their fingers and smiled.

"I'll pay," he said. Kara gasped and shook her head furiously.

"No!" She said. "I will not let myself be one of your pity case, Wayne."

Damian sighed, holding her hand tighter. He grabbed the laptop case from her and looped it over his shoulder.

"You are not a pity case, Gordon. You have a father and a sister to sustain your needs." He said.

"That doesn't mean I don't save every penny I have." She retorted, trying to pull her hand away from him. He didn't budge.

"My point is, I'll treat you." He said, glancing at her with a smile. Kara stared at him in disbelief, debating with her mind if she's with the real Damian or not.

"Okay," she said. "Tell me where the real Damian is or I'll kick your butt to China."

Damian chuckled and let go of her hand, ruffling her hair instead. He grinned, watching as the young Gordon scowled at him.

|I swear I feel like a pity case. Whenever I look at something, Damian would insist on buying it until I threaten him. That meant confiscating his stuff again.|

"I swear, Wayne. I do not want those stilettos! I don't even wear those!" She huffed, glaring up at the black-haired boy. Damian just nodded and walked forward.

"Fine, then," he muttered. "Come on."

"Can't we just go?" Kara whined, walking beside him with slumped shoulders. She glared at the shopping bags he was holding and groaned.

"One more store," he said.

"Damian!"

"Fine, I'll buy it for me." He said, rolling his eyes.

Kara scoffed and looked over her shoulder to see someone in a black coat behind them. He tipped his fedora, not letting her see his face. She turned to look at Damian.

"I think someone is following us." She whispered. Damian nodded, keeping his eyes ahead.

"Just act natural." He replied, grabbing her hand firmly. Kara nodded and looked ahead of her.

"Where are we going, anyway?" She asked, tired of roaming around the mall.

"The jewellery store."

"Gonna buy a ring for a special girl?"

"Not a ring, a necklace."

"Still jewellery."

"Whatever."

"So, it is for a special girl." Kara laughed, looking at him with a grin. Damian's cheeks were pink. He nodded a bit, not wanting her to figure out who.

|I swear I'm with a different Damian. First, he likes a girl. Second, he's gonna buy her expensive jewellery (life of a Wayne). And third, he actually blushed in public! I need to find out who this girl is.|

"Who is it?" She asked eagerly, swinging their hands. Damian smirked and looked at her.

"You have to figure that out for yourself." He said.

"You're evil, Wayne."

"Right back at you, Gordon."