Batgirl: Break the code (part ten)

Part ten: Arguments

Slaughter Castle

|I was surprised when Robin and I managed to take out the guard almost immediately. It was like we've been fighting side by side even before we met.|

Once Batgirl and Robin finished, Batgirl walked towards the panel beside the door.

"What are you doing?" Batman asked when she pulled out a cord from her glove and connected it to the panel. She started typing into the transparent keyboard that appeared above her arm.

"Just making sure we won't trigger any alarm." She replied. The doors suddenly opened and Batgirl stood up straight.

"Men first." She said and Robin lifted an eyebrows at her. "Isn't it supposed to b---"

"Just get in." Batgirl scoffed and pushed the both of them inside the control room. Batman started hacking into the motherboard of the computer.

"Oracle to Alpha team, Delta reported that the gathering will he starting in five minutes." Oracle said through the ear piece. Robin looked at Batgirl and sighed.

"We're moving as fast as we can, Oracle." He said.

"Good," she replied.

Batman managed to copy every file he needed and turned around to see Robin and Batgirl at each other's throats again. They were silently insulting each other and Robin was holding both of Batgirl's wrists. Batgirl was about to knee him in the stomach when Batman yanked them away from each other.

"Break it up, you two. We're done here." He said and Batgirl glared at Robin who gladly returned the gesture.

|I don't remember why, but Robin and I started insulting each other again when we got in the control room.|

Batman led the two out of the control room and they started to make their way out of the castle.

|It was a good thing that we managed to get out of there, unnoticed.|

All of them gathered in the Batcave as Batman started digging through the new information they got. Nightwing took his mask off and walked towards Bruce.

"How much time do you need?" He asked.

"About a week," Bruce replied, his eyes never leaving the screen. Batgirl took her cowl off and sighed. Flipping her black waist-length hair to her back.

"I always wondered how you never had trouble with your hair, Gordon." Robin said, folding his arms over his chest. It didn't take a genius to know that he was mocking the youngest of the Gordon family and it didn't take a mind reader to know that Kara was already plotting Damian's death.

"Break it up, you two." Luke said, standing in between the two teens. It didn't really work. The two kept on glaring at each other, their teeth gritted and their hands balled into fists. Barbara sighed and wheeled her chair towards Kara.

"Little sis, we should go home. We'll let Batman deal with the data for now." She said in a calm, soothing voice. Kara's face softened when her big sister wrapped her fingers at her left arm and she turned to look at her. It was obvious that Barbara was tired and she needs to rest.

"Sure," she said with a small smile. "I guess my help's not needed anymore, so can I just--I don't know--go back to going solo."

"That's not really--"

"Anyway, Barbara needs her rest and you guys should, too. So, bye." Kara said, cutting off Dick's sentence. She wore her cowl and grabbed the two handles on Barbara's wheel chair.

|I had to admit, I had fun fighting along with them. But sometimes, I feel like I'm the only fish in a flock of birds.|

"Kara, wait," Stephanie said, trying to catch up to the speeding girl. Barbara looked up at her and noticed the sadness in her eyes.

"Little sis, stop for a moment." She whispered and Batgirl had no choice but to obey her sister. She looked down at the older girl and saw the worry in her eyes.

"What's up?" She asked.

Barbara looked over her figure and saw Stephanie walking towards them with Cassandra.

"It seems like they want to talk to you," she said. "And ignoring people is bad."

Kara moistened her lips and sighed. "Fine," she muttered, turning Barbara's wheel chair around.

"What?" Kara asked, obviously annoyed.

"Meet us on top of Wayne Enterprises tomorrow by ten o'clock in the evening. On street clothes." Steph said with a smile. Kara just nodded and left, pushing Barbara's wheel chair.

"Way to go, short stack." Katie sighed, taking off her cowl.

"Me? Why me?" Damian asked in confusion.

"Dude, you're the reason why she wants to go solo." Jason said.

"So it's my fault now?"

"Yeah!" All of them--except for Bruce--said in unison.