Batgirl: Break the code (part thirty-nine)

Part thirty-nine: Sleep Overs

Wayne Manor

Kara sat on Damian's bed, waiting for him to finish showering. Everyone was in the manor having a sleep over. They will all be sleeping by the TV room with the TV on all night long.

|I don't think I have enough energy to have a pillow fight. The mall was exhausting. Danielle and the other girls had so much fun picking my.....torture devices for homecoming. And may I tell you, I'm glad Danielle is not an owner of cosmetics. Bad thing is she knows a lot of them.|

She sighed, falling to the bed face first. Her body was exhausted, craving for food. But sleep overs meant junk foods all night. She had to wait until all of them are gathered in the TV room.

"Wayne! Hurry up! I wanna eat!" She yelled, but it turned out to be a mumble.

Damian chuckled, walking out of the shower on his sweatpants only. He dried his hair with his towel and walked towards Kara who was almost asleep on the bed. He shook her lightly, keeping her eyes open.

"About time," she muttered.

She looked up to look at Damian and saw him shirtless. She bit her lip, quickly looking away from him.

|His four-pack is something.|

Damian grabbed the gray shirt on his table and slipped it on, not noticing Kara's stare. As soon as he looked at her, she looked away. Slowly sitting up, she rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Can we go now?" She asked.

"In a minute," he said.

He sat on the edge of the bed, staring at her messy figure. Her hair was tied into a loose bun, her gray shirt reached her thighs and showed her right shoulder.

"Why?" She yawned.

Damian stayed silent, staring at her intently. He brought his hands to her face and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Your arm doesn't hurt anymore?" He asked.

"It still stings," she scoffed. "I wonder who did that."

Damian chuckled at her sarcastic remark and slowly pulled her in a hug. Kara blinked, wondering why Damian was more like a hugger today.

"You alright?" She asked.

Damian nodded, burying his face on her shoulder. He carefully caressed her injured arm, happy that it will be gone tomorrow.

"I'm just glad you said yes." He whispered.

"Aww, come on, Dames. You're my best friend. Why wouldn't I?" She asked, not getting the whole picture.

Damian sighed, hoping that she'll notice his other feelings for her. He slowly pulled away, keeping his arms around her.

"I just thought that maybe you'd say yes to someone else." He said.

"Dude, you got me my favorites. Lasagña, Mars, flower candies! Even my favorite flowers! It just proves that your really do know me. Even though it's only been like, two months?" She said.

"Yeah, bu--"

"I'm just glad that even if we've only been friends for two months, you cared about me. You know me, Damian. There's no other best friend I would ask for," she smiled. "Though, you can be such a pain in the butt."

Damian laughed a little at her words and shook his head.

"But, seriously, dude. You're gonna give me diabetes," she laughed. "I mean, six full boxes of Mars? Four bouquets of flower candies? That's what I call heaven!"

Damian smiled, watching as Kara laugh and have pure happiness displayed on her face. He knew about the recent absence of that emotion ever since she became Batgirl. Barbara told him about it.

A sudden knock snapped him out of his daze and they both turned to look at the door.

"Damian? Kara?" Stephanie asked from the other side of the door.

"Yeah?" Kara asked.

"Movie time! Do you two plan on going to the TV room or what!?"

"We'll be there in a minute!"

"Okay!"

Kara smiled, listening at Stephanie's footsteps. She turned back to Damian and grinned.

"Looks like I'm not tired anymore," she said. "I wanna have some popcorn."

"With loads of butter." Damian finished.

"Cheese,"

"Butter!"

"Cheese!"

"Butter!"

"Cheese!"

"Fine!"

They both stood up from the bed and marched to the TV room with smiles on their faces. Not caring if the others tease them about it.

"Oh, and remind me to tell Grayson that he owes me a hundred bucks." She said with an innocent smile.

"What?" Damian asked in confusion.

"We had a bet that I'm gonna crack the code and since I did, he owes me a hundred bucks! I'm rich!" She exclaimed. Damian laughed at her expression and ruffled her hair.

"I will,"