Batgirl: Break the code (part thirty-two)

Part thirty-two: Little Things

Gotham Library

Kara walked inside the library with Damian right beside her, shouldering her electric guitar.

"Are you sure you're okay with holding that?" She asked.

She looked at Damian who seemed to be unfazed by the weight of the guitar. He nodded, his eyes scanning the library.

"I am very much capable of carrying such a light instrument, Kara." He replied.

Kara sighed, heading to the table where Babs was. She was talking to Reese who seemed to be surprised that Barbara wasn't sitting on a wheel chair.

"Kara did that?" He asked.

Barbars giggled, nodding at him. She took a few steps to show him tha she can walk and turned.

"Oh, look. It's the little genius herself." Reese smiled.

He looked at Kara who was smilung brightly at them with Damian right beside her. Barbara turned around, meeting her sister's eyes.

"Little sis!" She smiled.

She hopped over the table and gave her a tight hug. Reese jaw-dropped, not believing what he just saw. Barbara Gordon, the girl who can never walk again, just hopped over a table with such strength.

|Reese's face was priceless! Both his eyes and mouth widened in shock. Oh, how I wish I have my camera.|

"What brings you two here?" Barbara asked.

She pulled away from her sister and smiled lightly. Kara smiled back, looking over her shoulder to see Damian standing by one of the shelves.

"I don't know why he followed me, but I'm here to do some research and my homework." She replied.

"Really? Research, again?" Barbara sighed.

"Don't you think you should tell her about earlier, Kara?" Damian asked.

He started walking towards the Gordons with his hands tucked in his pockets. The guitar seemed to be as light as a feather, based on Damian's expression.

"Oh, yeah. You know about my account and the online fame whatever, right?" Kara asked.

Barbara nodded at her, urging her to continue her news.

"Well, I met Danielle Formeyer. She said that she wants me to.....be her model for her work." Kara said.

Barbara stared at her, not knowing what to say. Reese, however, was ecstatic.

"The Danielle Formeyer asked you personally!?" He asked.

His eyes showed excitement in them. Kara nodded, looking back at Damian who was already beside her. He smiled lightly, showing his full support on her.

"Can you quiet down? You do know we're in a library." Kara said.

Reese zipped his mouth, looking at Barbara with a big smile. She slowly broke into a grin and hugged her younger sister again.

"I'm so happy for you, Lani," she whispered. "What did you say?"

"I said I'll think about it."

"Think about it!? Kara, you should take the opportunity!"

"Bu--"

"No buts. Do it for me, dad, and Damian."

"How did I get involved?" Damian asked with one eyebrow lifted.

"Because you are her best friend," Barbara said with a smirk. "Ain't that right, Kara?"

"Uhhh, yeah?"

"Good, now off you go. Do your homework first before research, okay?" Barbara said.

Kara rolled her eyes and turned to Damian.

"I believe in the power of multi-tasking, dear sister." She said.

She grabbed Damian's arm and led him to the upper level of the library.

"Shelf twenty-five," she muttered.

As Kara drag Damian around the library, he thought of how to ask her to the homecoming dance. He was clueless when it comes to girls, but Kara was different from them. She's not that girly, doesn't wear much make-up. Heck, she loathes make-up.

"I have a question for you, Kara." Damian said.

Kara stopped in front of shelf twenty-five and went to find more books for her research.

"Ask away," she said.

She climbed on the library ladder and scanned for more books to help them for their case. Damian sighed, adjusing the strap of Kara's guitar case on his shoulder. He leaned against the shelf just beside the ladder and looked up at her.

"I want to ask a girl to......homecoming and I don't know how." He said.

"Is this the same girl you told me about back at Tokyo?" She asked.

"Well, yes," he said. "Anyway, what do you think I should do?"

"Why are you asking me?" Kara asked back. She grabbed one of the books and slid the ladder to the right to look for more books.

"Because you're a girl." Damian replied, trying to act more casual.

Kara smiled a bit, feeling a little weird and sad when she heard about Damian taking a girl to the dance.

"If I were the girl, you need to get my favorite food, a bouqet of my favorite flowers, and something special like a real gold necklace with my name carved." She replied.

Damian smiled lightly, sighing in relief.

"Anything else?" He asked.

"Well, if you know who she is, then you should know something that she really loves." She said.

"Okay,"