Batgirl: Break the code (part nineteen)

Part nineteen: Mornings In Fancy Hotels

Tadashi Hotel

"Rise and shine, little sister!" Barbara yelled, yanking Kara's covers away from her body. Stephanie laughed, walking out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in her mouth.

"Five more minutes," she groaned, finding her blanket with her hand.

|I really hate it when Barbara wakes up first than me. Especially when I was up late last night.|

"No, you don't have five minutes." Babs sighed, grabbing Kara's arms and made her sit up. She yawned, rubbing her eyes with her tired hand.

"Fine," she muttered, getting off her bed. She walked towards the bathroom and did her morning routine with a lot of yawns and whines.

Barbara giggled, shaking her head. She wheeled towards the wooden table pushed against the wall and opened her laptop.

"Wu know, wu two wook adowable voing pipter tuff." Stephanie said, toothpaste in her mouth. Barbara chuckled.

"I can't understand you, Steph." She said, typing into her laptop. The screen reflected on her glasses.

"Whaebew," Stephanie said, rolling her eyes.

Kara stood in front of the mirror, posting a new picture on her account. It showed her standing behind a shop full of Japanese supplies while holding a red and white unfolded fan.

|Do you know how delicious hotel foods are? I mean, mom's and Alfred's are the best, but hotel food means five-star! There's just one, teeny problem.|

Kara sat across from Damian and beside Barbara. And lucky Kara, beside Damian is the one and only, Richard Grayson. She would glare at him every time he looks at her.

"What do you want, Dick?" She asked, annoyed. Both Damian and Barbara glanced at the two of them, feeling the tension.

"Is something wrong?" Barbara asked, munching on her muffin. Kara smiled at her sister and shook her head.

"No," she said. "Nothing's wrong, am I right, Dick?"

She gabe him a pointed look, daring him to say otherwise. He smiled at Barbara and nodded.

"Yep, nothing is wrong." He said. Kara smiled, looking at the table to her right to see Tim and Jason fighting over a piece of toast with Cassandra and Stephanie watching them hopelessly.

"You're smiling alot since last night, Gordon. Did something magical happen to you?" Damian asked, poking his scrambled eggs with his fork. Kara averted her eyes at him and shrugged.

"Tokyo makes me smile." She said.

"Or does it? What happened last night, Damian?" Dick asked with an evil smirk. Kara glared daggers at him, wishing that she can magically have heat vision and burn a hole in his forehead.

"We landed here last night, Grayson. We went to the market and Gordon literally gawked at them." Damian sais bluntly, not getting the whole picture. Kara sighed in relief and smirked at Dick.

"Anything else?" Dick urged. Damian looked at him weirdly and shook his head.

"No," he said. "Nothing else."

Kara leaned against her chair, glad that Damian's not too talkative. Barbara lifted an eyebrow, silently watching as Dick and Kara unnoticeably fight about something she's not familiar with.

"I'm gonna go get some juice." She said, grabbing her empty glass. Dick stood up and grabbed the handles.

"Let me help you." He said, winking at Kara. Barbara giggled, nodding. And while she was giggling, Kara was glaring at him like she can make his brain explode.

Dick wheeled her off, heading to the buffet. She groaned, turning to look at her food. But what she saw was Damian staring at her instead.

"What?" She asked, taking a bite of her waffles.

"Grayson looked like he was interoggating me earlier and you two kept on looking at each other. Is there something you know that I should know, too?" He asked, resting his elbows on the table. Kara shook her head and rest her chin on her palm.

"Nothing," she muttered, looking at the table where Bruce, Katie, and Luke are.

"Whatever you say," Damian shrugged. "How's your leg?"

|I totally forgot about that. My left leg was shot a few days ago before we booked our flight to Tokyo. But it doesn't hurt....much.|

"I can kick goons now, can't I?" She smiled, looking up at the Wayne kid.

"Well, yeah. But, won't it get sore or something?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Nah, I'll be fine." She said, waving her hand in front of him. He chuckled, pushing Kara's hand away from his face so that he can look at her face.

"You make me feel weird for some reason," he said. "I don't know how."

"I make you feel weird? What kind of weird?" She asked with a small smile. Damian scratched the back of his neck and looked away.

"A good kind of weird." He mumbled, not wanting her to hear, but she did. Kara smiled a little wider and ate her mashes potatoes.

"That doesn't make sense."