Batgirl: Break the code (part thirty-eight)

Part thirty-eight: Will You?

Wayne Manor

|This is it. I feel like it's April Fools Day and I'm the victim. Let me tell you, if you're having April Fools Day with Barbara, being the victim is something you don't wanna be.|

"Close your eyes," Damian said. He and Kara stood in front of the door of the big mansion.

"I swear, Wayne. If this is a prank," she closed her eyes. "I'll make sure you never breathe again."

"Threatening, but not enough." Damian smirked. He covered her eyes with his hands just to make sure and Alfred opened the door for them.

"Take two steps forward." Damian said, looking down at Kara's feet. She obliged, taking two steps inside the manor. Damian saw Jason, Dick, and Tim below the banner, holding boxes of Kara's favorite, Mars, and bouquets of flowers.

"Whose baskets are those?" Jason asked Dick in a hushed whisper when he saw Alfred carrying three baskets full of flowers and chocolates and stuffed toys.

"Kara's maybe," Dick whispered. He grinned at Damian and gave him a thumbs up. It took a while to get him to trust them, but at least they did.

"Okay," he sighed. "Open your eyes."

He uncovered Kara's eyes and she slowly opened them. When she saw the banner hanging above the three, her eyes widened.

Kara Gordon, will you go to homecoming with me?

"Surprise!" The three exclaimed.

"Wait, so this is why you were late?" She asked, turning to look at Damian. He nervously rubbed the back of his neck and nodded.

"Well, yes." He said.

Kara grinned, looking at his older brothers. Her eyes widened when she saw the boxes of Mars they were holding.

"So," Damian said. "What do you say?"

He stood in front of her with a black and gold box. He opened them and presented a gold necklace with her name carved in real gold. The girls walked out of the kitchen holding bouquets of flower candies and chocolates.

"You're my best friend, Wayne. Of course I'll go with you!" She grinned. Damian's face saddened a bit when he heard best friend, but he tried to not think about it. He smiled back at her, lifting the necklace from the box. He put it around her neck and slowly brought her in a hug.

The others cheered, the girls squealing. Kara laughed, burying her face on Damian's shoulder.

"We have to go to the mall!" The girls exclaimed. Kara pulled away from Damian and gave them dead eyes.

"Would you please have mercy on me?" She sang.

"Oh, come on! Just the make-up."

"Make-up?"

"Yes," a different voice said. Kara turned around and saw Danielle Formeyer standing by the door. She had her arms folded over her chest and a big smile on her face.

"Danielle," Kara greeted with a smile.

"As a gift for accepting my offer, I'd gladly make your homecoming dress." She said.

|I forgot, I accepted her offer! But, great news. Danielle Formeyer will be making my homecoming dress! Oh my gosh!|

"Wait, seriously?" She asked.

"Yes!"

The girls squealed, running towards Kara. They crushed her in a tight hug and jumped.

"OW! MY ARM! MY ARM!"

The Bat boys literally sweat dropped. They didn't know this side of the girls until now.

"That was something." Tim said.

"Why don't we go to the mall today?" Danielle invited.

"YES!"

|Please no,|