Batgirl: Break the code (part twenty-five)

Part twenty-five: Oracle Stands

Tadashi Hotel

"You can make her walk!?" Dick exclaimed, looking at Kara with wide eyes. She nodded, presenting the vial in front of everyone. Barbara sat on her wheel chair, tears filling her eyes.

"I managed to make a formula that can manipulate any body part, external or internal, the body needs. We tested it in someone else first, of course." She explained, twirling the vial between her fingers. Barbara wheeled towards her, tears flowing down her cheeks.

|She shouldn't be crying yet. She still can't walk, not yet. But she will be walking in a few minutes.|

"You did this for me?" She asked, taking her glasses off. Kara smiled, nodding her head.

"Well, it can only fix one body part and since your spine is the only one that needs fixing, it will go directly to it." She said, handing the vial to her sister. Barbara grabbed it, biting her lip. She doesn't want to hope that this will work, but Kara's choice of words was pretty convincing. It even made Bruce convinced.

"Is it safe?" Luke asked.

"I ran a check on it earlier," Tim said. "It is."

"How long will it take?" Stephanie asked. Kara grabbed the vial from Barbara gently and took a syringe from the table behind her.

"About two minutes."

"That fast!?"

"Well, yeah," she shrugged. "I made it to work faster."

"Alright, do it." Bruce said. Kara nodded, slowly letting the needle of the syringe to sink in Barbara's skin.

"Why would you through so much trouble just for me?" She asked, hicupping a bit from all the crying. Kars smiled softly and pulled the needle out once the liquid was in.

"Because you're my sister. And I'll do anything for you." She said, standing up straight. She walked towards her black suit case and kept the syringe.

Damian sat on her bed, watching Barbara as she twitch her face. They all watched her, looking for any difference.

"It feels weird," she giggled. "I can feel them again."

"Let me help you up." Dick said, walking towards her. Kara smirked, knowing their little secret. Damian, however, noticed the smirk Kara was giving at the two. He was confused, why would she smirk? He shook the though out of his head and looked back at Barbara who was slowly standing up from her wheel chair with Dick's help. They all watched intently, ready to jump and help her if she falls.

"Can you let me go, Dick?" She asked, looking up at him with her glasses hanging on her collar. He hesitantly nodded, letting go of her arms. Barbara stood up straight, taking a few steps until she reached Kara.

"I can walk," she whispered in disbelief. "I can walk! Kara, I can walk!"

They all smiled, laughing a bit at Barbara's childish behavior. She hugged Kara tightly, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I can walk, I can walk, I can walk!" She exclaimed over and over again, not able to stop the tears on her eyes. The other girls ran towards them and joined the hug, the boys following right after.

"Oh my gosh," Barbara muttered as Kara gently pulled away from her. She wiped her tears away with her thumb and smiled softly.

"Glad you like my gift," she said. "It took a caramel shake and a small talk to get me to finish that."

|The next day wasn't as bad, now that Babs can walk. It took a little more practice than expected, but she can walk normally again.|

Kara and Barbara walked in the dining area with Stephanie talking about how she would drag Barbara around Tokyo so that she can experience how hard it is to walk around.

"Especially when we were on the festival last night!" She exclaimed.

Kara groaned, remembering how her leg aches when they went to the festival. Luckily, Damian helped her.

She instantly smelled the crispy bacon and garlic bread.

"While you two go talk, I'm gonna help myself and eat as much as I can." She said, separating from the two girls.

She already knew where she was supposed to sit since Bruce said that they will have a little buddy system.

"I don't think you can eat all of that, Gordon." Damian said, appearing beside her.

He eyed the stack of pancakes on Kara's first plate and the eggs and bacon in the other. She was just getting some garlic bread from one of the servers when Damian appeared.

"I can, Wayne." She smirked.

Damian rolled his eyes and held his plate out for some pancakes.

"So, your sister's happy." He said, looking over his shoulder to watch Barbara as she went to sit by their table. Kara nodded with a small smile, turning around to head to the same table. Damian followed her and kept up with her pace.

"I'm just glad she can walk again." She smiled.

"I'm glad you smile more than ever." Damian said, not thinking straight.

Kara bit her lip, looking away to hide the faint color that stauned her cheeks.

|Only one thing to say. Damian Wayne is going to be the death of me.|

A/N: Just so you know, Babs' accident was not based on the comics. It's based on the Batman: Killing Joke movie