Batgirl: Break the code (part fifteen)

Part fifteen: Midnight Patrols

Gotham City

|Guess what? I'm patrolling with Robin again. But, I think that's cool. He's not as annoying as he was to me.|

Batgirl and Robin jumped from one building to another, looking through the alleyways for more criminals. They both knew that even at night, Gotham is as busy as ever. The cars were honking loudly and the lights never faded.

"Robin," Batgirl called, stopping on the edge of the building. She looked down on one of the alleyways and saw five thugs cornering a mother and a son.

"I take three you take two." Robin said.

"Nope," Batgirl smirked. "I take three you take two."

She jumped down the heel of her gold boots colliding with the thugs back. Robin did the same with the first one and they both stood in front of the mother and son in a protective stance.

"Grab your son and go," she told them, popping her knuckles. Robin pulled his hood up and smirked.

"Let's have some fun," he said, looking at the goons.

They all charged at them at the same time and tried slicing them with their swiss army knives, but Robin and Batgirl were faster. They both dodged with excellent speed, taking out their own weapons. Batgirl wore her gold talons and smirked.

"Wanna play with blades, huh?" She said, slicing one of the thugs in the cheek. He screamed, not expecting her talons to be that sharp.

"You don't know what you're putting yourselves into, kid." Another one said, bringing his knife down to stab Robin's shoulder. He acted fast and kicked his gut. He grabbed Batgirl's hand and swung her around them, successfully kicking all of them in the face.

"That's," Batgirl started. "Awesome!"

She pulled out some handcuffs from her belt and handcuffed the three thugs, disarming them in the process. Robin took care of the other two.

"I'll call the commissioner." She said, pressing her ear piece.

"GCPD,"

"Hey, it's Batgirl. Robin and I took out some snatchers by West Street, think you can take 'em?"

"Batgirl? You're back? We'll be there in a few."

"Thank you,"

She turned to look back at the thugs and saw them unconcious.

"We should go," she said. "The cops will be here soon."

Robin nodded, grabbing her by her waist before shooting his grappling gun to the roof. It pulled them up and they safely landed on the floor.

"You know, I can shoot my own grappling gun." Batgirl said.

"Don't care," he replied.

"Whatever," she muttered.

A sudden pain suddenly came from Batgirl's side and she stopped walking. She touched her side, feeling something wet.