Bonus: El's funeral

Mike's POV

I remember breaking down in a classroom after she disappeared.

I remember breaking down in a lab after she fell ill.

I remember breaking down in a hospital when our child was born dead.

I remember breaking down at home when she told me.

I remember breaking down in a hospital corridor when they told me she had a week.

I remember breaking down in a sterile room with a monotone beep in the background.

And now I'll remember breaking down next to a hole in the ground, her casket already on the bottom.

I don't want her to go, but she's already so far gone.

Henry's POV

I can see him looking at me and I know what he's thinking about.

He's thinking about the countless times he's talked me away from the edge

The times he stayed with me all night, despite the cold.

The times he held me at night and told me it'd be okay.

But also the times we all went on trips

He's thinking about the bonfire, the road trip, Italy, the countless camping trips, all their family trips, secret parties, drunk decisions, jokes, love, everything.

He's thinking about it, and so am I. And just one glance to the rest tells me they are too.

But one glance to Mike tells me he's gonna need someone to keep him away from that edge, to stay with him through the night, despite the cold. And with Will busy with his husband, I'm gonna do it.

I'll save Mike Wheeler

I'll save the one who doesn't want to be saved.