soul mates

Songs for the chapter:(Listen to these while reading)

-Show me what im looking for; Carolina Liar

-Something i need;One Republic

-If i lose myself;One Republic

*justin's P.O.V.*

"Ahhh it feels so good to be home!" ashley cheered once we got into her house.

"i know baby. But i had an amazing time" i smiled placing the luggage by the door. She smiled at me and nodding.

"it was amazing" she said walking into my open arms and leaning her head on my chest.

"but im glad to be back." she sighed happily.

"Come on lets go find your dad" i said leaving a kiss on the top of her head, taking her hand in mine and we both headed towards the kitchen where scooter most likely was.

"hey scooter" i said when we walked into the kitchen. He turned around and sent us both a warm smile.

"hey guys" he said opening his arms, ashley let go of my hand and ran to him.

"i missed you dad" she said still hugging him.

"i missed you to baby" he smiled closing his eyes. They both pulled away and ashley went to the island counter top and sat on top of it.

"so how boring was your life without me for 2 weeks?" ashley asked jokingly. He laughed shaking his head.

"it was pleasant and quiet" he said making us all laugh.

"well guess what?" she asked

"what?"

"IM BACK BITCHES" she screamed sticking her tongue out. I laughed along with scooter.

"so how was your trip?" scooter asked. I went over to ashley and leaned my back against the counter so my head was leaning against her chest. Scooter raised one eyebrow. " i hope no funny business went on" scooter said accusingly at me. I raised my hands in surrender and laughed.

"never" i said putting my hands back down. "And the trip was amazing".

Just as he was about to say something his phone started ringing. He picked it up and put it on speaker.

"hello?" he asked.

"hey scooter" i heard Yaels, Scooter's girlfriends voice ring through the phone,

"hi honey" he said smiling, you can tell he loves her.

"HI YAEL!" ashley chirped in. I heard yael laugh through the phone.

"hi ashley sweetie" she said. "babe i wanted to know if we were still on for dinner tonight?" she asked

.

"um yeah, of course. Do you want to come here instead? I mean its okay if you still want to go out, i just thought since Ash and Justin are home it'd be nice to spend time with them" he repled.

"Okay!" she replied cheerfully. "im going to go get ready now"

"alright, how about you come at 5?" he asked since it was already 3:30

.

"yeah sounds great. Bye babe, bye ashley bye justin" she said.

"bye" we all said at once. She hung up and scooter placed his phone back in his pocket.

"Can you propose to her already?" ashley asked. Scooter smiled and chuckled slightly.

"i kind of already bought the ring " he said smiling sheepishly. Ashley let out a happy squeal.

"YEES!" she cheered . Scooter laughed and shook his head.

"you really like her?" he asked looking kind of nervous.

"yeah, i really want her to be my step mom" she said leaning her head on my shoulder.

"well good , because i was planning on proposing at dinner tonight" he beamed.

"well than CHOP CHOP mister you gotta look spiffy for your lady" ashley teased pushing me off her lightly so i was standing up and she hopped off the counter ."i'm picking your outfit though, i'm not going to allow you to wear a hoodie with jeans and a old yankee's hat when you proposing" she scolded walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs to most likely go choose his outfit.

"that girl" scooter said chuckling and shaking his head.

"i know man, i know" i said laughing along with him.

"so, your mom said you gave her a promise ring"he said leaning back against the counter across from me.

"yeah, i mean we've been dating for a couple months, and i thought it was the perfect time to give it to her"

"she also told me what you said. You really want to marry her?" he asked raising an eyebrow. I nodded smiling at the thought of us being married.

"definitely, i mean i know i love her and she love's me . Our relationship is worth fighting for and if it comes down to that, i will fight for her. For us. We can get through anything." i said feeling confident. I know one day we will get married.

"just don't hurt my little girl." he said pushing himself off the counter and walking towards his office."follow me" he said . I didn't object and followed him into his office. He went over to one of his many book shelves and pulled a box off , placed it on his desk, and took the lid off.

"i don't know if Ashley told you this, but she had this one boyfriend a few years back, i think she was about 16 almost 17 at the time. He was a really sweet boy, until they were going out for nearly a year, than he became a real ass, he would cheat on her constantly but she would always forgive him. Then one day she got fed up with him, she went over his house to break up with him and he hit her. He said ' you're never leaving me, and unless you want to die, you're not allowed to break up with me' she came home in tears. Do you know how painful it was seeing my little girl like that? All bruised and sad, she even went into depression for 3 months. All because of some guy named Josh. I need you to promise me something" he said with tears silently rolling down his cheek. I nodded and wiped the tears from my own cheek. I never knew she went through all of this. She is such a strong woman. Hearing this news just made me want to hold her and protect from everything awful in the world.

"anything" i said .

"just never cheat on her. Ever. I don't know how much more hurt she can handle."

"i would never even think about cheating on her. She is my world and i love her so so much" i said honestly.

"Good." he said wiping the last of his tears from his cheeks. Then he went over to the box again and took out a jewelry box. "i know you won't hurt her, and you are like a son to me, so i think it's appropriate for me to give this" he said opening the box to reveal a gold ring with a flat circle with the engraving of the irish celtic knot, it looked like it is worth a lot ."Its been in our family for nearly 100 years. I want you to have it though. My dad told when he thinks Ashley found her soul mate that i should give it to him, and i can honestly say you're him. " he said handing me the ring. I slipped in on and admired it, it truly was beautiful.

"thank you scooter, it means a lot to me that you approve of our relationship and can see how much i love her. I plan on staying in her life forever." i said bro-hugging him.

"Your welcome, but don't think this means i'll be understanding if you hurt her." he said seriously.

"i wouldn't expect you to" i said honestly, because i wouldnt.

"well, lets go get ready for dinner, big night ahead of us." he said nervously.

"Don't worry scooter she'll say yes" i said encouragingly.

"i hope so."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE!

OMG almost 15k reads!!!!!

sorry its a suckie chapter but i have the flu and couldn't really think of a good chapter.

10+ comments

10+ votes