Song Leader

•••

"Very, very handsome boys!" Eunseo's mother squeals like a teenage girl and Eunseo swore that was really the first time she had seen her mother act like that. The boys only laughed.

"Introduce yourselves, I need to know the names of my daughter's friends." She says excitedly. Eunseo mentally face palms herself.

(Skip the intro-2 many)

"So?" Eunseo's mother turns to her. "Which is your boyfriend?"

"No one!" Eunseo defended while the boys just chuckle.

"Aww, that's a pity. I like them already." Her mother says.

"Okay, that doesn't change anything," Eunseo answers, blinking repeatedly.

"Wait for your father," her mother says and she just nods. Her father came soon after and the noisy dining room suddenly became quiet. He took a seat at his usual seat and eyes all of the boys.

"Which one of you is my daughter's boyfriend?"

"Appa!" Eunseo shrieks while covering her blushing face. It hasn't been a day and she is already embarrassed because of her parents. Why can they not, not ask questions about her sad love life?

Her father just smiles and pats his daughter's shoulder. "I get it, I get it." He says.

"It's nice to meet you, boys." Almost all of them stood up and bowed to the elder with the exception of Doyoung who only bowed slightly in his seat.

"It's been a long time, Doyoung-ah." He says to Doyoung and the younger just grins.

"Alright then! Let's start eating. You must be starving." Eunseo's mother says and pulls her daughter to the kitchen. "Eunseo-ya, clean this up, please?" Being the filial daughter she is, she obeys her mother and washes the pan.

Just then, someone knocks on the door.

"I'll get it!" Eunseo yells from the kitchen and rushes to the door after taking off her gloves.

"Who is it?" Her father asks, taking a sip of his coffee.

"...Mingyu." Eunseo answers with a bitter tone when she steps back into the dining room with a tall boy following behind her.

"Good morning, Seonsaengnim!" He greets both her parents with a very loud voice. Eunseo clicks her tongue unsatisfied.

"Have you eaten?" Her mother asks him. He was about to shake his head when Eunseo steps on his foot. He lets out a small yelp and Eunseo's mother looks at him concerned. He shakes his head then turns to Eunseo's father.

Eunseo heads to the kitchen to take a glass of water and then stands beside her father.

"Seonsaengnim, can I have your daughter's hand in marriage?" Can you imagine how much of a mess happened in a few seconds? Doyoung's eyes almost bulged out of its sockets and the other boys had their jaws hanging. Jaehyun choked on his food and Eunseo coughed out her water at Mingyu's shirt, with her being a head shorter than he is.

Meanwhile, her parents seem unfazed by the sudden proposal. Mingyu looks at his now wet shirt then forces a smile at her.

"Son," Eunseo's father puts his hand on Mingyu's shoulder. "There are lots of girls for you. Why would you want her? She's not that pretty, averagely smart and she can barely cook."