The Moon's Five Mile Radius

March 9th  2015

March 9th  2015.

"Dr. Herzberg can I run something by you?" I knocked on the door of the lab to announce my arrival.

It had been almost a month and we were getting closer to the right dosage, some rats had met their untimely death but other's brain activities had increased by 100% percent, we only needed one of them to wake up and we'd be done. But since we didn't know the initial state of our patients it was hard to keep on going with the rats, they had no medical history in their files so we were flying blind when it came to these two girls.

"Yes come in," he fixed his lab coat.

"Um you know I was reading through their charts and I thought something was kind of funny." I looked at the board I had created for them trying to find a special link between the two girls.

"What?" He asked concentrated on the recordings he was watching.

"Well it's a stupid observation but I thought you could at least have a laugh."

"Okay."

The scientist stopped what he was doing and stood right behind me with his hand casually on my back freezing my movements so I could stay in his light touch. I felt my rule number one screaming at me but ignored it because there was no getting away from this one without being rude about it.

"Um okay don't laugh but Marie went into coma on April 15, 2014 and Sybil on October 8, 2014 the exact date of the..."

"The 21st century four blood moons?" He looked at me like I was crazy for even noticing such a silly thing.

"Yes I know it's crazy right?"

"Nothing is ever too wild for consideration Stella, what matters is if you think it means anything?"

"No, I mean as far as we know the moon's gravitational force along with the earth's causes tidal cycles has never affected human beings before."

"So they were not together when it happened that much we know but we know they're Americans that's why they were transferred back here, their previous address were also different cities, one in San Francisco the other in New Orleans."

"But why them? Why would it affect only them?"

"I have no idea but we have to find a common denominator soon, here use my computer," he brought out the stool for me and I sat.

Clicking through pages I paid for a couple of sites to get me information on them and nothing amounted to much. These girls might as well been working for the government because they were basically non-existent and instead of being a nurse now I was playing detective.

"Oh my God, finally," I said pressing my neck down of exhaustion the sun had already gone down.

"Here, let me help," he took my hand away and massaged my neck to which I just stood paralyzed. "Stella you're a pack of knots, breathe out or you'll turn into an ironing board."