Dancing With Somebody

Post Bar 3

Post Bar 3.14.15

"Where's the room key?" I demanded slamming the car door behind us as we arrived at the bed and breakfast at two in the morning.

"In my trousers could you get them please?" He leaned against the entrance and waited for me to do the job.

"Seriously?" I went in his pocket and he kept his head up smiling at the ceiling.

"I hope your night wasn't completely ruined," he said and I got the keys.

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"You go on up, I think it's best I get some coffee in me."

He looked up a lot, leaning against the wall and shaking his head no doubt to regain his vision yet he still sounded objective. At least he tried to so we wouldn't talk about what happened at the bar but I was angry he'd have the indecency to cause a bar brawl like he was some teenage kid.

"Great idea," I began climbing the stairs up when he said.

"Oh and you looked lovely tonight" he tried to compliment but I had no more patience for his erratic behavior tonight.

In the room I opened my suitcase and found my pajamas were all too inappropriate for sleeping in the same room with him. So I took out my pink cashmere knee length lounging robe to sleep in since it had sleeves to keep me warm and took off the boots, the dress, the garter, stockings and makeup. The scarf I had on still smelled like him and I sat on the bed looking for an audio book and replaying bits and pieces of the night while I rubbed a night cream after washing my face. My feet were warm inside the slippers provided and I put my phone to charge, brushed my teeth, put away my things neatly back in their bags to go to sleep then the scientist appeared.

"There you are Stella," he said coming in the room unannounced again and shut the door behind him.

"Uh I'll leave so you can change," I said though he had a look on his face I'd never seen before his eyes were unsteady but not his feet.

"Wait, don't be angry with me," he talked like some lost puppy who had no responsibility to take.

"Seriously? Why shouldn't I be? You broke a chair on the head of a man tonight!" I shouted at him finally after holding it in the whole car ride.

"Then you shouldn't have been dancing with him!" He shouted back and threw his coat on the chair.

"And why the hell not? He was being courteous, I was not in any kind of danger, and third I was having fun!"

"Fun! Fun?"

"Yes fun, what you never heard that word before?"

"You wanted to dance that's fine! I would've danced all night long with you love but then what happens? I get back and you're dancing with a man you don't even know!"

"I don't see how that should be offensive to you, you were flirting with a girl named after a fruit!"

"Is that what this is about? That was just for information, no need to be jealous." He smirked and I almost wanted to slap his perfectly handsome face for insinuating I'm immature enough to be out there trying to make him jealous.

"You know what? We're done with this conversation, this is so beyond ridiculous. I knew better than to come to Athens with you."

"Oh come on, it's okay to say it."

"Did you ask for the extra pillows? And the inflatable mattress?"

"They said it'd be in the closet."

"Okay," I went to the closet but he followed me the thoughts flooded in and finally it became clear there were only three sensations the scientist constantly caused me fear, astonishment and longing. "There's no inflatable bed and everyone's sleeping."

"Well..." He cleared his throat trying to imply something and I began to take out every blanket to see if I could make a bed for him on the floor and if not I would sleep on the chair if it came to it. "I'll help you with the pillows," he said trying to get one of the pillows from my hand.

"No it's okay I can do it, my two hands work perfectly well."

Anxiety gradually growing I was stuck in my own fears of him, his eyes, his words, his power and went to the dresser to see if there were any blankets there.

"Why do this? Why run away from me?"

The scientist cornered me in front of the room's dresser and my foundations began crumbling as he talked, he did look sobered up and it scared me to think he knew what he was doing.

"I'm not running," I was done with one of the pillows and he threw it on the bed.

"Well maybe you should be," he looked down at me and put his hands on the knot of the belt holding the robe around me. "Because you are not as indifferent to me as you'd wish."

"You're mistaken," I looked at him and put my hand on top of his to stop him from untying it.

"Oh I can assure you I'm not, don't you think I've noticed all your attempts to avoid me? I'll give it to you, your will is very resistant Stella but your heart is weak," he held on the belt and so did I.

"Let go of it," I tried to get him away, to deny him but his words were well aimed truths coming to tear down my walls.

"The strongest will cannot prevail against a weak heart. I saw the bumps on your skin when I touched your neck, felt your pulse racing when I hugged you at the tour tonight. And I won't believe you if you try to contradict me with mere words when all the facts are against you," he whispered bringing his head down near my neck.

"You're drunk and you're gonna regret every word tomorrow morning." I followed his advice and moved my body away from his against the dresser.

"No, no, no, don't do that; don't blame the obvious thing, look at me Stella." He held on to my waist and when I looked back at him he picked up my necklace. With one of his hands he pulled on it towards him consequently taking me closer where I focused on his mouth like two pair of mountains touching each other at the middle and then I looked up...

*************************************************
No part, character, names, plot, setting, conflict or resolution, point of view, theme or symbolism of this story may be replicated.

Copyright: All Rights Reserved to A. Sena Gomes.