Food Monsters

03

03 . 17 . 15

"A monster..." I shook my head and walked out of the bedroom, pacing back and forth in the kitchen then drank some cold water before I was ready to continue this conversation.

"So should we get something to eat?" Ezra questioned looking inside the empty fridge.

"Something to eat! You tell me my boss is a monster and then you ask if I'm hungry?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be insensitive but I haven't had anything to eat in fifty years or so." He closed the fridge making another joke because he couldn't help but use his wits.

"Ugh no, I'm sorry Ezra, I'm so sorry. Of course you need to eat. I'll order something. Chinese?" I asked him.

"Yes," he said looking at the TV with a confused face like he didn't even know what it was for.

"It's a Televesion," I told him and he raised his eyebrow walking over to it and the only Chinese place who delivered to my door picked up the phone. "Hi Sam, how are you?"

Ezra looked for a button on the TV for a while, he looked in the back of it and then for a moment it looked like he accidentally pressed the on button as the TV came on full color and sound and he was mesmerized by it backing away and sitting on the sofa.

"The food will be here in twenty minutes."

I sat on the sofa next to him but he was too busy looking at the TV and the discovery channel I had on.

"Do you want me to change the channel? Maybe a movie?"

"It's so real, like I'm there," he said.

"Yeah, this remote is how I turn on the TV and change channels. Though usually when the internet gets really slow around here I just go through the DVD collection. These are all movies and these are shows."

"Your habits haven't changed I see," he picked up my favorite Audrey Hepburn movie Funny Face.

"I guess not," I chuckled.

"I remember when you tried to cut and dye your hair like Audrey's because you hated being tall and blonde. You said you were definitely not a Marilyn," Ezra joked and opened the movie asking for me to put it on.

"Still not a Marilyn, just me now. I wondered how ridiculous I looked with such a haircut."

"Oh you didn't. You flaked out last minute though you were really mad at me for being happy that you did not go through with it."

"Sounds like me. And like you."

The cd was out of the box as I showed him how to put it in the DVD player and as we sat close to each other to watch it I kept looking over at Ezra to watch him watch it. He was taking it all in, the colors, the old and the new combined but I remembered the kiss between Dr. Herzberg and I.