Know It All or Know It Not?

March 17, 2017 ( Evening )

"Ezra? Ezra! Wake up! Damn it wake up!"

"Stella?" His voice breathed lightly my name as my face towered over his ready for mouth to mouth when his eyes open and I realized their subtle green and I couldn't look away.

"We're going to the hospital now," I finally blinked rationalizing the situation. "I'm not spending one more minute alone with you in this house."

"Why? What... did I do?" He said as I got up looking for my car keys.

"You mean besides almost dying? We gotta go. If you die here guess who looks like an ax murderer?"

"Uh okay, okay just wait," he got up from the couch and began to walk in a straight line, "look, I'm fine."

"But..."

"On one leg." He put one of his legs up and balanced perfectly just to tease me. "And that over there is the Macbeth book you've read a thousand times because it always messes with you the power Lady Macbeth possesses over the stories of those around her."

"How... Never mind I don't wanna know."

"Just let go of your car keys Stella, I promise to be feeling much better now." He took the keys from my hand like he was about to hug me and I let him. 

The way he moved and talked was on unaltered rhythm of his own, nothing fast, just evenly spread out, and Ezra's way of being appeased my mind.

"But to be sure." I got the thermometer and waited for it to beep, Ezra's body temperature was a perfect 98.7 with no post op signs of any damage, how could it be?

"Happy?"

"I should buy another one, I think this thing is crazy," I threw the thermometer away.

"Always a skeptic," he joked but I had to make sense of things or someone did.

"Um okay well you should get out of those clothes, take a warm shower." I noticed his wet shirt glued to his lean well toned upper body.

"I'll get out of these right away." 

Ezra walked over to the bathroom knowing where it was and didn't even ask on how to work the shower head. So I picked up his clothes and put it to wash then dry and told him to use the second towel that was neatly folded in the bathroom rail. The one I didn't use.

Ezra's shower finished before his clothes were done so I gave him a robe to walk around in my house, yes there was a strange man walking around my home in my bathrobe.

"Ezra?" I asked and he looked back at me, "who are you?" I jumped in with the question.

"Ezra Presley. It used to be Priestly back in the day but I guess one ought to move with the times."