The Forest's Third Eye

03

03.19.15

We packed the car with everything we could and hit the road away from Syracuse though I didn't know exactly where we were going other than to meet someone Ezra knew.

"How long until we get there?" I asked Ezra as he drove at 90 miles per hour.

"I don't know," he looked around at the things in the car trying to understand it.

"And where are we going?"

"The White Mountain to meet a friend who can unlock the memory of where you hid Sybil..."

"And Marie too."

"Marie?"

"Yes she said we had to find a hiding spot for both of them because they were both at the lab where I worked with Stephen."

"How did Stephen find them? Both of them?"

"I have no idea, I just showed up to work one day and they were there."

"There's something we're missing Stella, there's something going on." 

Ezra drove faster to make it to the White Mountain before the sun set. The mountains got closer we drove up them as far up we could, then there was a small train to take us even further up top.

"I don't remember this many people here last time." He was bothered by all the tourists on White Mountain.

"Yeah population has gone up, lots of resorts." I looked around bumping into people to get in a train that would ride up.

"Here."

Ezra helped me up on the train and we made our way to our seats and waited for dinner to arrive.

"So my father was like you?"

"Yes," he smiled.

"Wait, so how is Sybil my sister then?"

"Half-sister, born out of your mom's ritual with a wizard."

"A ritual? That is insane. But also after nurses tried to kill me it is pretty ironic I turned into one."

"Well you thought the best way to stay away from the supernatural would be science and you're also a really dedicated healer."

"Hm... And how did Stephen become such a famous neuroscientist?"

"Well deceiving people's mind into working the way he wants them to is how he gets his way. He can alter a lot of simple mechanics of people's thinking. The more time people spend with him the easier it is for him to rewire a person's mind or their brain. The only reason you're more resistant to him is because you are different."

"And Sybil she's not a witch with her coven?"

"No, she ran when she broke the rules to save you."