Bars and Places We Shouldn't Go

03

03.13.2015 Post-Asylum

A little discouraged from the asylum tour which resulted in only horrendous crimes against humanity I said, "tell me why again we had to go through that tour?"

"Because there is a record of a woman Sybil who used to work here and it could've been Sybelle."

"Really..." I shook my head, "I can't believe she'd do this for a living."

"If it was her, she enjoyed to be scared or else she wouldn't have done this for three years."

"So are you thinking some chemical must've been ingested?" I drove back the conversation into science territory I had about as much non-sense a normal person could take for one night.

"Not sure could you stay here while I go see if the bodyguard over there remembers anything of this so called Sybil or of her friends?"

"Sure."

I stayed put looking back at the asylum then one of the lights flickered on the side where the women used to live and a strong wind blew on my hair. Then a hand tapped me on the shoulder and a woman's voice said my name sending shivers down my spine, "Stella?"

"Yes?" I turned around though once again nothing, no one, not a single soul near enough to touch me so I walked over quickly next to the scientist. It was obvious I was still shaken from the tour and should not be left alone under any circumstances for the rest of this night.

"Thank you," he said to the bodyguard.

"Sure thing scientist," the bodyguard put some money in his pocket.

"Well when I said Sybelle no one knew who I was talking about, when I said Sybil they described her completely different, light brown hair, dark eyes, I guess it wasn't her unless she took on a whole new persona."

"Okay well we got it wrong, can we just get out of here?"

"Why? Something the matter?"

"No just had enough of the asylum for tonight."

"Okay, I guess when we go to the local hospital tomorrow we'll get some more answers on her." He shook his hair wondering why I was acting so strange and drove us to a bar.

"How did you find this place?" I observed the neon lights blinking on the outside of the bar.

"The only real pub in town, if we don't find a story here I'll be running out of options soon."

"You are a very thorough researcher."

"I try, let's hope some of her old friends are hanging around here," he sat on the bar not a table and I sat next to him.

"Do you know what you want?" The bartender asked us.

"Um yes two shots, two bacon burgers with a side of seasoned fries and then two of your special Athens brewed beers please?" He said after taking a quick glance over the menu under the glass top of the bar.