Saint Patrick's Luck

Congratulations reader you've made it this far so without further ado:

Welcome to Part Two...

March 17, 2015 Tuesday; Saint Patrick's Day

March 17, 2015
Tuesday; Saint Patrick's Day

On Monday the scientist and I acted like the perfect pair of colleagues but come Tuesday from the moment I woke up it was like the world was against me. It was also Saint Patrick's day, ironically the luck of the Irish was not with me when a throbbing head ache woke me from sleep. Then I proceeded to hit my elbow on the counter while trying to make coffee, after I broke not one but two hair ties as I attempted to fix a ponytail. And then the worst happened I was stabbed in the back by my old friend coffee, as it went down burning the inside of my mouth though I hadn't drank it fresh off the pot.

"Where are my glasses?" I looked around for them underneath the pile of DVDs, medical journals, my personal journal, books and blankets in the living room then the phone started ringing in my room.

"Coming," I said as if the person could hear me say it then a cracking noise came from under my feet.

"Aw really?" It was the cracking of my prescription glasses as I reached for the phone that was ringing. "Great," I clicked on the phone to answer it while I knelt down to pick up the pieces of my glasses. "Uh yeah?" Maybe this was the world telling me I should play dead before the whole house fell on top of my head.

"Morning Stella."

"Dr. Herzberg?"

"Yes."

"Uh hi," I was surprised to hear from him I didn't remember giving him my number.

"Hi, I called to tell you I've come down with something I won't make it to work today so you have the day off as well," the scientist said on the phone.

"Um okay are you alright do you need anything?"

"No I believe I'll be fine tomorrow, we will continue the criminal behavior then."

"Sounds like a good idea actually," I threw out the broken pair of glasses.

"Is anything the matter?"

"Let's just say I've had luckier days."

"Ironic isn't it?" He joked.

"You have no idea," the sting from my burned mouth was almost gone, "well um hope you get better."

"You as well, and if you need anything just call me."

"Sure thank you."

"No problem."

"Okay bye."

"Bye," he hung up as someone knocked at my door except I didn't have neighbors so who was outside at this hour of the morning?