CHAPTER 2

I didn't attend school in a week after that incident. Momma asked me what happened but I didn't want to tell her. I just keep myself inside my room drowning myself in pity.

I graduated senior high with honours, my parents was so proud of me. I stay away from Jenny and her friends, I still experience occasional bullying from them but not as worse as that incident.

I take up accounting in college. As usual I stay as the wallflower all throughout the semester. They will look at me but not notice me and I'm happy about that.

I have a part-time job at a record store, I mind the cash register and occasionally sort some disk that have been missed placed by customers. The pay is good, I get extra cash when Mr Perkins asked my help in checking the store accounts. I work with Justin he is the clerk and the son of the owner. We get along pretty well, he don't mind my size.

In one of my classes our professor assigned us to pairs for one of the projects that he wants us to do during the semester. I was partnered with a guy named Billy, he's good looking the kind that looks like a boy next door type. He has dark blonde hair and green eyes. He smiles at me as he sits next to me.

"So we will be partners, hi I'm Billy King." He utter with the boyish smile that could melt anyone.

"Ah..hi! Ashley Simpson, you can call me Ash for short." I said breathlessly. I was mesmerized by his charm who wouldn't be.

"So when do we start our project? I will be free tomorrow after school." He told me.

"Tomorrow will be great, where do we meet?" I asked him.

"I'll wait for you at the library. Let's exchange numbers so I can contact you." He suggests.

"Okay." I agreed.

Billy seems nice, he was very cooperative and resourceful. I didn't have any problem with him being my partner.

"You know Ash, you are amazing. You're very smart and kind. Don't let anybody bring you down." He told me one day when he caught some students bullying me they even put bubble gum on my seat.

"You don't mind my size?" I asked him doubtful.

"What is the problem with your size? The people that made fun of you are the ones who have a problem, they are narrow-minded. Don't let them step on you. Always remember you are beautiful whatever your shape or size." He was really a good guy.

We became good friends. I had a slight crush on him but I know we were better as friends. I finally have someone to lean on.

School days come and gone and finally I am graduating from college, only one semester left and I'm done. Holiday break is pass approaching, since me and Billy have been friends there are less accidents happening to me. He protects me whenever someone tried to harm me.

"What are your plans this holiday?" I asked him.

"I'll be visiting my family in Kapolei, we have an annual family reunion of some sort so I have to be there. How about you?"

"Same as you, gonna visit my parents. I missed them and my mom's roast turkey, my mouth waters just thinking about it!" I told him and he chuckled shaking his head.

"Can you bring some for me?" He asked.

"Well, I'll try. I cannot promise that I will not devour it all." I teased him.

"I know you love me!" He said and my cheeks reddened.

Yeah, I love you Billy. If you only knew. I wanted to say but stop myself.

"Come on its ten now, we'll be late for class." I said and hold his hand pulling him.

Holiday break has been a bliss, I wish I could stay longer on our house but I need to go back to school.

"I will call more often Momma, don't worry." I said hugging her.

"Can I get a hug too?" Papa said when he entered the kitchen.

"Of course Papa come here." I said and embrace him tightly as well.

"Always take care of yourself my princess." He told me running his fingers through my hair.

"Don't worry so much about me I'm a big girl now, literally." I mutter humorously.

Momma is a nurse at a public hospital while Papa is an accountant in our municipal town. They have stable jobs so I grew up in a family that can get by every day without struggling. I had an older brother Jeremy he is an engineer but he's working overseas so we don't often see him.

Now I'm back to reality where I'm the invisible student again and the worst part is that my Prince told me he has finally found his princess to spend time with.

"She so amazing and beautiful Ash, I want you to meet her." He said happily while I feel my heart broke into a million pieces.

"I'm happy you finally found a girl to make you happy Billy, I hope the best for the both of you." I sincerely said, even if it hurts.

"Thanks best friend, that's why I love you." He smiled at me and hugs me tight. I savour that moment and will cherish it in my heart.

After that "Me and Billy time" have been limited, we didn't hangout more often anymore. When we were together he was always on the phone talking to her.

"You're going to meet my girlfriend on Saturday." he announce.

"Okay." I agreed.

It's Saturday, I woke up early to prepare myself. I showered, blow dry my dark brown hair which reaches my shoulders and wear my favourite jeans, or the only pair of jeans that fits me perfectly and a floral print pleated-neck top. In case you are wondering how big I was, well I'm a size 18 and it was really hard to find stores that offer clothes for a plus size girl like me.

We will be having brunch at a cafe, I arrived on time and spotted Billy on a table. I wave at him and he smiled standing to welcome me.

"I thought you will not show up. I'm so nervous, I hope you will like each other." He greeted and hugs me.

"I will not do that, I know she is important to you so you have all my support." I said sincerely.

"Come on let's take a sit, she's just in the restroom." And just like on cue a skinny blonde girl wearing a halter dress appeared in Billy's side.

"Sorry babe I took so long." She utters looking at Billy touching his arm.

"It's okay babe now that you're here I want you to meet my best friend Ashley Simpson, Ashley this is my beautiful girlfriend Bethany Richards." He introduced us her name sounds familiar to me but I didn't pay attention to it anymore and greeted her.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you Bethany." I said and shake her hand.

"Same here, Billy always talks about you. Your name sounds familiar, have we met before?" She said and then it clicks like someone opened a light bulb in my head.

"I think we were classmates way back pre-school?" Her eye widen when she heard me and then she laughs like there was something so funny about what I said. Billy and I exchanged a look and he mouthed "What?" I just shrug my shoulders because I'm clueless too.

"Oh sorry, I remember you now! The pumpkin incident yeah?" She said after calming herself. She said it like it was no big deal.

"Umm yeah that's it." I confirmed.

"Sorry I didn't get it?" Billy said.

"Oh babe, it's not important. Right Ashley? You know let's just eat." Bethany said casually.

Yeah it's not important to her but for me it means a lot.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Song for this CHAPTER

Behind this hazel eyes by Kelly Clarkson

You belong with me by Taylor Swift